Senior Software Engineer - Backend (Remote)
San Francisco, CA /
Research & Development – Engineering /
WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
Our mission is making world-class care accessible to everyone. Carbon Health is a modern healthcare provider that combines smart technology with inviting clinics. We deliver a uniquely seamless experience for both medical professionals and patients through our mobile, virtual and in-person services.
The Job At A Glance
Join Carbon Health’s dynamic and talented engineering organization! Our engineering team provides the Carbon Health modern tech-enable health care platform that combines technology with inviting healthcare clinics designed from the ground up putting patient care first.
In this role, you will join a team of engineers who are tackling challenging engineering problems that will transform multiple delivery platforms including virtual care, patient referrals, home prescription delivery, smart scheduling, and health data collection with a focus on delivering a uniquely seamless experience from virtual care to in-person care for patients and providers.
What You'll Do
- Lead innovations that support the scalability of the Carbon Health platform
- Join a stellar team of talented software engineers to innovate, architect, develop and scale Carbon Health's development tools, and platform solutions
- Build new experiences, improve existing products, ensure quality assurance test designs, and contribute to test systems architecture discussions
- Lead projects for the design, development, and maintenance of the infrastructure that powers the Carbon Health apps
- Drive efficiency and reliability through design and automation, availability, performance, scaling, monitoring and capacity
- Manage upstream, and downstream dependencies, collaborate with other engineering teams, gather requirements, evolve solutions and enable successful adoption
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software design and development experience.
- Experience is one of the strongly-typed languages (preferably in Kotlin, Scala, Java or Go).
- Experience in functional programming (preferably in Kotlin or Scala).
- Experience in SQL (PostGreSQL is preferable).
- Familiarity in Elastic Search, Redis, AWS, RabbitMQ/Kafka.
- Desire to become a full-stack is nice to have. (our frontend is based on ReactNative, Redux and TypeScript).
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the technology-enabled healthcare provider designed from the ground up to put patient care first. By combining technology with modern clinics, it delivers a uniquely seamless experience from virtual care to in-person care to meet patients where they are. Carbon Health removes the boundaries to high-quality, transparent and personal care and envisions making patient-centric, world-class care accessible and a reality for everyone. Carbon Health is headquartered in San Francisco with clinics across California, Washington, New York and virtual care in 16 states across the U.S.
To learn more about Carbon Health, and to stay up to date on what we're doing visit https://blog.carbonhealth.com/
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.