Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Urgent Care
Redondo Beach, CA /
Advanced Practice Clinicians – Urgent Care /
As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. The magic we’ve created lies in Carbon Health’s custom EHR and the collaboration among clinical teams, engineers, and designers who work side-by-side to deliver innovation like our hands free AI charting tool. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
Are you a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant looking for a new career change? At Carbon Health, you’ll work alongside a fun and supportive team of healthcare professionals committed to delivering the best patient care experience possible. We combine smart technology with modern, welcoming clinics and have our own EHR to streamline communication to cut down on administrative tasks and wait times. If you are customer-focused, empathetic, and have a fun, positive attitude, we want to talk to you!
Location: 415 N Pacific Coast Hwy, #101, Redondo Beach CA 90277
What You'll Do
- Conduct patient-centric examinations and craft evidence-based workups and treatment plans
- Interpret x-rays, lab results, and EKGs
- Triage and manage patient flow efficiently to minimize wait times
- Perform digital blocks and regional anesthesia, bedside procedures including but not limited to laceration repairs, suture/staple removal, incision & drainage, foreign body removal, large joint aspirations, nail removal, joint reductions, splinting, venipuncture, intravenous fluid administration
- Review and manage daily tasks, including patient callbacks regarding lab results
- Provide oversight and lead day-to-day operations for your team of medical assistants and support staff
- Consult supervising physician based on the scope of practice and patient needs
- Medical/Master’s degree and certification
- PA - Valid California license to practice as a Physician Assistant and current national certification
- OR having a RN - Valid California license to practice as a Registered Nurse, NP - Valid California license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner and current national certification
- Current, unrestricted medical license to practice in the state of California
- Maintain a controlled substance license along with an unrestricted California DEA license
- Ability to consult and treat patients of all ages
- Experience in ER, urgent care or similar setting (minimum 1 year)
- Ability to work two full weekends per month (required for full-time clinicians)
- Maintain confidentiality and impartiality at all times
- Availability to work in other clinic locations and some holidays as needed (preferred)
$61 - $78.75 an hour
Compensation offers are determined by a balance of factors such as level of education, experience, work history, and geographic location. The Company complies with all state and local wage and hour laws and provides a total rewards package of compensation plus benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) plan, learning and development programs, Learning Time Off, and Paid Time Off. Carbon Health will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
• Hands-free charting with an AI-enabled notes assistant within our proprietary EHR
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance, effective day 1
• 401k employee contributions and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Medical malpractice insurance covered
• Clinical Rounds for ongoing learning through Carbon Health clinic cases
• CME subscriptions include UpToDate, HippoED, and ECGWeekly for full time clinicians
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
All candidate email communication will be done through an @carbonhealth.com email address. If you ever receive communication regarding a job posting from an entity that does not match that or seems concerning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we meet patients where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics and virtual care. Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Carbon Health is an E-Verify employer.