Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant - Urgent Care
Montgomeryville, PA /
Advanced Practice Clinicians – Urgent Care /
At Carbon Health, we believe everyone deserves good health. We have diverse and passionate teams who lead by example to expand what's possible in healthcare and further our mission of making great healthcare accessible.
• 135+ clinics in 16 states and growing
• Ranked on Inc. 5000's list as the 2nd-fastest-growing private company in the U.S. in 2021
• Recognized as a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup in 2020
COVID Vaccination Requirement for Candidates Seeking Employment: Carbon Health, as both a healthcare provider and a federal contractor, is subject to certain laws, regulations and orders requiring its workforce to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants. Carbon Health has therefore implemented a requirement that all employees be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment with Carbon Health will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants by their start date unless a medical or religious exemption has been approved and a reasonable accommodation has been granted; and (2) submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date. The preceding is a condition of employment with Carbon Health.
Are you a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant looking for a new career change? At Carbon Health, you’ll work alongside a fun and supportive team of healthcare professionals committed to delivering the best patient care experience possible. We combine smart technology with modern, welcoming clinics and have our own EHR to streamline communication to cut down on administrative tasks and wait times. We offer great benefits including robust PTO, 100% of your insurance premiums covered by Carbon Health, 401k with employer match and more! If you are customer-focused, empathetic, and have a fun, positive attitude, we want to talk to you!
Location: 744 Bethlehem Pike Montgomeryville, PA 18936
What You'll Do
- Provide exceptional treatment, collaborative care options (within the scope of urgent care), including physical examinations, assessments, diagnosis and treatment
- Order and interpret x-rays, lab results and EKGs
- Triage and manage patients thoroughly and efficiently, maintaining a steady flow to avoid long wait times
- Perform digital blocks and regional anesthesia. Perform minor surgical procedures, such as wound closure and management, I&D, foreign body removal
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, such as aspirations and injection of joints, bursas, and cysts. Start IV fluids
- Perform closed reductions of simple fractures or dislocations of fingers/toes, including nursemaid’s elbow reductions
- Apply and modify braces, splints, and other orthopedic appliances
- Review and manage daily tasks, patient callbacks, and lab results, while on shift
- Provide oversight and lead day to day operations, as sole provider and serve as expert by consulting, coaching and training advanced practice clinicians
- Medical/Master’s degree and certification
- PA - Valid Pennsylvania license to practice as a Physician Assistant and current national certification
- RN - Valid Pennsylvania license to practice as a Registered Nurse
- NP - Valid Pennsylvania license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner and current national certification
- Current, unrestricted medical license to practice in the state of Pennsylvania
- Maintain a controlled substance license along with an unrestricted Pennsylvania DEA license
- Ability to consult and treat patients of all ages
- Experience in ER, urgent care or similar setting (minimum 1 year)
- Ability to work two full weekends per month (required for full-time clinicians)
- Maintain confidentiality and impartiality at all times
- Availability to work in other clinic locations and some holidays as needed (preferred)
No direct/indirect agency solicitations please. Thank you!
• Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance, effective day 1
• 401k employee contributions and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Medical malpractice insurance covered
• Clinical Rounds for ongoing learning through Carbon Health clinic cases
• CME subscriptions include UpToDate, HippoED, and ECGWeekly for full time clinicians
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development access through Udemy Business
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we provide patients with omnichannel care, designed to meet them where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics, virtual care and remote patient monitoring (RPM). Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.