Primary Care Physician and Principal Investigator
Physicians – Primary Care /
As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. The magic we’ve created lies in Carbon Health’s custom EHR and the collaboration among clinical teams, engineers, and designers who work side-by-side to deliver innovation like our hands free AI charting tool. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
Carbon Health is looking for an excellent full-time Primary Care Physician with clinical research experience as a Principal Investigator to join a growing community of healthcare providers to deliver compassionate, evidence-based urgent care and conduct clinical trials in infectious disease and indications related to general medicine, including vaccine research and cardiometabolic health. Your clinical experience will help drive the technology and care model innovations we build as we continue to enhance the patient experience and instill joy in the practice of medicine.
Your role as a Principal Investigator will help bring clinical trials as a care offering to patients, and grant other clinicians and staff oversight to engage in research. Stipends for time and effort for clinical research activity!
What You'll Do
- Manage a panel of patients towards evidence-based clinical quality targets
- Lead day-to-day operations with your team of medical assistants and support staff
- Work collaboratively with Central Support RN team to follow up on patient results
- Supervise and teach advanced practice clinicians
- Provide input and implement care programs, pathways, and new product enhancements
- Provide excellent preventive, proactive, compassionate, evidence-based primary care
- Conduct patient evaluations both in-clinic and virtually
- Serve as a Principal Investigator for multiple clinical trials, Phases I to IV, where you will be responsible for the clinical research conduct and quality assurance, as well as supervising sub-investigators in their clinical trial work
- Review and provide guidance on labs, diagnostic reports, diary reports, safety reports, and AEs/SAEs within a trial
- Be responsible for successful execution of research protocols according to FDA regulations and GCP guidelines
- Evaluate study volunteer’s eligibility for clinical trials
- Attend site initiation visits, sponsor monitoring visits, and national conferences
- Massachusetts licensed physician and BC/BE MD/DO in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Primary care procedural skills including but not limited to skin biopsies, skin tag removal, wart treatment, joint injections, IUD insertion and removal
- Passion for relationship-driven, human-centered primary care
- Ability to connect and deliver care to patients of all backgrounds
- Commitment to lifelong learning of evidence-based medicine
- PI must have 3 years post training experience as a physician and board certified in either family medicine, internal medicine, or emergency medicine +/- ABIM medical sub-specialty
- Experience serving as a Principal Investigator on at least 3 prior randomized double blinded therapeutic clinical trials
- Ability to learn and use technology to manage the patient care
- Desire to provide input to build a new and exciting model for healthcare delivery
- Ability to promote a respectful, transparent, positive team environment
We provide end-to-end clinical trial services, through a seamlessly integrated Central Research model that implements trials at various Carbon Health locations. Patients enjoy access to trials as an expanded care option, or to receive novel vaccines and contribute to scientific advancement.
• Hands-free charting with an AI-enabled notes assistant within our proprietary EHR
• Competitive salary with incentives, wRVU bonus plan and weekend/holiday differentials
• Paid time off, paid sick leave, paid learning time off
• Comprehensive benefits package effective day one, including medical, dental & vision
• 401k with employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Medical malpractice and tail insurance covered
• Paid Sabbaticals at eligible time of service milestone years
• Complimentary subscriptions to point-of-care reference tool, DynaMedex, and presentations and podcasts through Hippo Education, along with internal educational resources and weekly clinical rounds
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development
*All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
All candidate email communication will be done through a @carbonhealth.com email address. If you ever receive communication regarding a job posting from an entity that does not match that or seems concerning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we meet patients where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics and virtual care. Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Carbon Health is an E-Verify employer.