Physician - Urgent Care
Atascocita, TX /
Physicians – Urgent Care /
At Carbon Health, we believe in the power of health, of medicine, and of technology. We’ve built a diverse and passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another and reach Carbon Health’s mission of making great healthcare accessible.
• Ranked on Inc. 5000's list as the 2nd-fastest-growing private company in the U.S. in 2021
• Recognized as a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup in 2020
• More than 125 clinics in 16 states and growing with a goal to reach 1,500 clinics nationwide by 2025
COVID Vaccination Requirement for Candidates Seeking Employment: Carbon Health, as both a healthcare provider and a federal contractor, is subject to certain laws, regulations and orders requiring its workforce to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants. Carbon Health has therefore implemented a requirement that all employees be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment with Carbon Health will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants by their start date unless a medical or religious exemption has been approved and a reasonable accommodation has been granted; and (2) submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date. The preceding is a condition of employment with Carbon Health.
THE JOB AT A GLANCE
Carbon Health is looking for an excellent per diem Urgent Care Physician. You will join a growing community of healthcare providers and a multidisciplinary care team consisting of other healthcare professionals, medical assistants, support staff, and Central Support RNs to deliver compassionate, evidence-based urgent care. Your clinical experience will help drive the technology and care model innovations we build as we continue to enhance the patient experience and instill joy in the practice of medicine.
Impact: From a dedicated Central Support team to field your patient's questions and abnormal labs to the ability to easily message and follow up with your patient virtually, our impact on the patient extends beyond their office visit.
Input: Carbon Health’s care model and product are driven by clinicians for clinicians and guided by world-class designers, engineers, data scientists, and operational experts.
Growth: We have built a supportive environment and culture that promotes lifelong learning so that you can continually grow and refine your craft.
Community: We have built a diverse, passionate team of clinicians, nurses, medical assistants, support staff, and headquarters support all driven to learn from one another and build a system that consistently delivers compassionate, patient-centric care.
Mission: We are making world-class healthcare accessible to everyone.
Location: 17903 W Lake Houston Pkwy #101, Atascocita, TX
What You'll Do
- Provide exceptional treatment, collaborative care options (within the scope of urgent care), including physical examinations, assessments, diagnosis and treatment
- Order and interpret x-rays, lab results and EKGs
- Triage and manage patients thoroughly and efficiently, maintaining a steady flow to avoid long wait times
- Perform digital blocks and regional anesthesia. Perform minor surgical procedures, such as wound closure and management, I&D, foreign body removal
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, such as aspirations and injection of joints, bursas, and cysts. Start IV fluids
- Perform closed reductions of simple fractures or dislocations of fingers/toes, including nursemaid’s elbow reductions
- Apply and modify braces, splints, and other orthopedic appliances
- Review and manage daily tasks, patient callbacks, and lab results, while on shift
- Provide oversight and lead day to day operations, as sole provider and serve as expert by consulting, coaching and training advanced practice clinicians
- Texas licensed physician and BC/BE MD/DO in Medicine
- Urgent care procedural skills including but not limited to skin biopsies, skin tag removal, wart treatment, joint injections, IUD insertion and removal
- Passion for relationship-driven, human-centered care
- Ability to connect and deliver care to patients of all backgrounds
- Commitment to lifelong learning of evidence-based medicine
- Ability to learn and use technology to manage the patient care
- Desire to provide input to build a new and exciting model for healthcare delivery
- Ability to promote a respectful, transparent, positive team environment
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision Insurance with 100% of monthly premium covered for employees & 80% for dependents based upon role
- 401k with employer match, pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
- FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
- Medical malpractice insurance covered
- Clinical Rounds for ongoing learning through Carbon Health clinic cases
- CME subscriptions include UpToDate, HippoED, and ECGWeekly for full time clinicians
- Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development access through Udemy Business
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we provide patients with omnichannel care, designed to meet them where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics, virtual care and remote patient monitoring (RPM). Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.