Medical Assistant: 6-Month Term (COVID Ready)
Los Angeles Metropolitan Area /
Clinic Support – Medical Assistant /
WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
Our mission is making world-class care accessible to everyone. Carbon Health is a modern healthcare provider that combines smart technology with inviting clinics. We deliver a uniquely seamless experience for both medical professionals and patients through our mobile, virtual and in-person services.
We are in the midst of the biggest public health crisis of our lives where every aspect of the way we live is affected. Carbon Health has been at the forefront of the Covid-19 response in California, launching the Coronavirus Self Assessment Test in late February, followed by video telehealth assessments with medical staff, to an in person or at-home test for Covid-19. In addition, we have testing sites at different locations, mobile units going out to communities and corporate offices/campuses.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant who is comfortable working in a fast paced, paperless environment. You'll be performing tasks such as nasal swab Covid-19 testing, running specimens and collection.
This is a mobile opportunity that will require you to travel within a 50 mile radius of the LA Area.
What You'll Do
- Perform nasal swab Covid-19 testing
- Run Abbott machines
- Specimen collection
- Interact with patients
- Current certification from an accredited Medical Assistant program (completed externship) and current Basic Life Support certification
- 6+ months experience as a medical assistant
- Prior experience with swabbing preferred
- Tech savvy:Familiarity of Apple products, specifically iPads, Familiarity with Chromebooks, and Comfortable troubleshooting with connectivity issues
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed; flexibility with availability
- Comfortable working outdoors and under minimal supervision
- Additional language skills are helpful
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the technology-enabled healthcare provider designed from the ground up to put patient care first. By combining technology with modern clinics, it delivers a uniquely seamless experience from virtual care to in-person care to meet patients where they are. Carbon Health removes the boundaries to high-quality, transparent and personal care and envisions making patient-centric, world-class care accessible and a reality for everyone. Carbon Health is headquartered in San Francisco with clinics across California, Washington, New York and virtual care in 16 states across the U.S.
To learn more about Carbon Health, and to stay up to date on what we're doing visit https://blog.carbonhealth.com/
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.