Registered Nurse / Licensed Vocational Nurse
San Francisco Bay Area, CA /
Clinic Support – Nursing /
WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
Our mission is making world-class care accessible to everyone. Carbon Health is a modern healthcare provider that combines smart technology with inviting clinics. We deliver a uniquely seamless experience for both medical professionals and patients through our mobile, virtual and in-person services.
We are in the midst of the biggest public health crisis of our lives where every aspect of the way we live is affected. Carbon Health has been at the forefront of the Covid-19 response in California, launching the Coronavirus Self Assessment Test, followed by video telehealth assessments with medical staff, to an in person or at-home test for Covid-19. In addition, we have testing sites at different locations, mobile units going out to communities and corporate offices/campuses.
More than ever before, we value and need YOU. An experienced professional who wants to make a difference in the world as we face the COVID-19 pandemic. You'll be providing appropriate care to patients and their families in a compassionate and professional manner, within the NP/PA scope of practice as outlined in our policies and procedures. This role will be at our mobile sites, testing centers, and on-location at testing sites. We have RN and LVN opportunities available in the San Francisco Bay Area and Greater Los Angeles.
* This position is a three month fixed term employment opportunity.
What You'll Do
- Collect data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or the situation
- Performs nasopharyngeal, anterior nasal, and oropharyngeal swab specimen collections
- Phlebotomy: Perform blood collections by venipuncture and capillary techniques for all age groups and processes specimens following established procedures and techniques
- Delegate elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles
- Collaborate with healthcare consumer and other key partners in the conduct of nursing practice
- Contribute to quality nursing practice
- Evaluate one's own and others nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations
- Utilize appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible
- Practice in an ethical, environmentally safe, and healthy manner
- Current RN or LVN license in good standing in the State of California
- Graduation from an accredited school
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred
- Current Basic Life Support certification; Current CPR certification
- 1+ years clinical experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in an emergency medicine or urgent care setting
- Proficient with phlebotomy
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Comfortable working under minimal supervision
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Flexibility with availability and to work overtime as needed
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the technology-enabled healthcare provider designed from the ground up to put patient care first. By combining technology with modern clinics, it delivers a uniquely seamless experience from virtual care to in-person care to meet patients where they are. Carbon Health removes the boundaries to high-quality, transparent and personal care and envisions making patient-centric, world-class care accessible and a reality for everyone. Carbon Health is headquartered in San Francisco with clinics across California, Washington, New York and virtual care in 16 states across the U.S.
To learn more about Carbon Health, and to stay up to date on what we're doing visit https://blog.carbonhealth.com/
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.