Paramedic: Full-Time (Pop-Up Clinic)
Sacramento, CA /
Clinic Support – Nursing /
WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
Our mission is making world-class care accessible to everyone. Carbon Health is a modern healthcare provider that combines smart technology with inviting clinics. We deliver a uniquely seamless experience for both medical professionals and patients through our mobile, virtual and in-person services.
The Paramedic position is responsible for providing exceptional care to our Carbon Health Pop-Up Clinic patients. We have modernized our approach to healthcare by bringing care to the patient and employers in our community. This is a fast-paced role that calls for leadership qualities, the ability to multitask, think outside the box and work independently. Work hours will be 8:30 AM to 7:30 PM (may change due to business needs). We are looking for someone who is patient focused, empathetic and positive. This role is critical to the entire patient experience.
Join our amazing, caring team that supports many communities that have limited access to healthcare. You can make a difference!
What You Do
- Collect data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or the situation
- Perform nasopharyngeal, anterior nasal, and oropharyngeal swab specimen collections
- Phlebotomy: Perform blood collections by venipuncture and capillary techniques for all age groups and processes specimens following established procedures and techniques
- Perform IM and SQ injections for vaccinations or routine medication administration
- Delegate elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles
- Collaborate with healthcare consumer and other key partners in the conduct of paramedic scope of practice
- Contribute to quality paramedic practice with high caliber patient communication, patience, and efficiency
- Evaluate one's own and others practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations
- Utilize appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based scope services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible
- Practice in an ethical, environmentally safe, and healthy manner
- Current California Paramedic license in good standing
- Graduate from an accredited school; Current Basic Life Support certification; Current BLS certification and PALS current
- 3+ years clinical experience as a Paramedic performing relatable medical care
- Proficient with phlebotomy and injections with all age ranges
- Experience reading and performing EKG
- Reliable team player, who over communicates and takes extreme ownership in her/his work.
- You will be trusted to work with minimal supervision and we are counting on you to deliver thoughtful, compassionate patient care.
- Process oriented in order to ensure infection control and patient safety
- Comfortable working under minimal supervision and can lead
- Open to working weekends and holidays as needed
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Full-time and part-time employees who work 20+ hours a week: Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), Flexible Spending Account Medical, Flexible Spending Account Dependent Care and other great benefits
- Per Diem employees: 401K with matching contribution and Pre-Tax benefits including Commuter (transit and parking)
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the technology-enabled healthcare provider designed from the ground up to put patient care first. By combining technology with modern clinics, it delivers a uniquely seamless experience from virtual care to in-person care to meet patients where they are. Carbon Health removes the boundaries to high-quality, transparent and personal care and envisions making patient-centric, world-class care accessible and a reality for everyone. Carbon Health is headquartered in San Francisco with clinics across California, Washington, New York and virtual care in 16 states across the U.S.
To learn more about Carbon Health, and to stay up to date on what we're doing visit https://blog.carbonhealth.com/
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.