Medical Billing Specialist
San Francisco Bay Area, CA /
Operations – Billing /
WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
Our mission is making world-class care accessible to everyone. Carbon Health is a modern healthcare provider that combines smart technology with inviting clinics. We deliver a uniquely seamless experience for both medical professionals and patients through our mobile, virtual and in-person services.
The Job at a Glance
This position is responsible for the completion of all tasks and duties required of a Medical Biller. These administrative and billing tasks are vital in ensuring our patients are billed accurately. This role is critical in maintaining patient satisfaction and operational success at our multiple clinics throughout California and Nevada from a central location.
What You'll Do
- Provide exceptional friendliness, empathy and thorough customer service to patients inquiring about their bills via phone and email
- Process and follow up on claim re-submittals
- Proactive outreach to patients and partner billing team as needed
- Provide input to help elevate process improvements that will benefit patients, clinicians, colleagues, and overall operations
- 2+ years of revenue cycle experience required
- Familiarity with Apple products, Google Suite apps and working knowledge of Excel
- Must have the ability to remain focused and calm during stressful situations
- In depth knowledge of how health insurance works
- Must have the ability to speak clearly and professionally
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the technology-enabled healthcare provider designed from the ground up to put patient care first. By combining technology with modern clinics, it delivers a uniquely seamless experience from virtual care to in-person care to meet patients where they are. Carbon Health removes the boundaries to high-quality, transparent and personal care and envisions making patient-centric, world-class care accessible and a reality for everyone. Carbon Health is headquartered in San Francisco with clinics across California, Washington, New York and virtual care in 16 states across the U.S.
To learn more about Carbon Health, and to stay up to date on what we're doing visit https://blog.carbonhealth.com/
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.