Medical Receptionist - Urgent Care
Escondido, CA /
Clinic Support – Medical Receptionist /
At Carbon Health, we believe everyone deserves good health. We have diverse and passionate teams who lead by example to expand what's possible in healthcare and further our mission of making great healthcare accessible.
• 135+ clinics in 16 states and growing
• Ranked on Inc. 5000's list as the 2nd-fastest-growing private company in the U.S. in 2021
• Recognized as a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup in 2020
COVID Vaccination Requirement for Candidates Seeking Employment: Carbon Health, as both a healthcare provider and a federal contractor, is subject to certain laws, regulations and orders requiring its workforce to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants. Carbon Health has therefore implemented a requirement that all employees be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment with Carbon Health will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants by their start date unless a medical or religious exemption has been approved and a reasonable accommodation has been granted; and (2) submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date. The preceding is a condition of employment with Carbon Health.
The Medical Receptionist/Support Staff position is responsible for greeting and registering patients as well as administrative tasks and procedures that support an exceptional patient experience. This role offers the opportunity to see how an urgent care operates and work alongside our medical assistants, x-ray technologists and clinicians.
This position is ideal for those who wish to pursue a career in health care. This is a fast-paced role that calls for the ability to multi-task, think on your feet and work independently.
We are looking for someone who is customer focused, empathetic and positive. This role is critical to the entire patient experience.
Schedule: Per Diem, on an as needed basis
Hours: 9AM to 7PM (Shift time is 8:30AM-7:30PM)
What You'll Do
- Be the first and last interaction with our patients
- Greeting patients and acting as a resource
- Schedule patients through different modalities
- Introduce the Carbon app to patients
- Verify insurance and collect copayments
- Administrative work such as writing referrals and preparing lab paperwork
- Work collaboratively on projects with clinical leadership to enhance the patient experience
- Familiarity of Apple products, including iPads and Mac desktops
- The ability to remain focused and calm during stress-full situations (high volume of patients that walk in and need to be registered, calling 911 and directing paramedics to patients that must be sent to the ER etc)
- Typing speed of 50+ WPM
- Great communication skills
- Experience and familiarity with medical insurance (understanding of costs, deductibles, copays, coverage) preferred.
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week
• Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off, company provided high quality scrubs
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance
• 401k employee contributions and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development through Udemy Business
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we provide patients with omnichannel care, designed to meet them where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics, virtual care and remote patient monitoring (RPM). Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.