Medical Assistant (Urgent Care)
Temecula, CA /
Clinic Support – Medical Assistant /
At Carbon Health, we believe in the power of health, of medicine, and of technology. We’ve built a diverse and passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another and reach Carbon Health’s mission of making great healthcare accessible.
• Ranked on Inc. 5000's list as the 2nd-fastest-growing private company in the U.S. in 2021
• Recognized as a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup in 2020
• More than 125 clinics in 16 states and growing with a goal to reach 1,500 clinics nationwide by 2025
COVID Vaccination Requirement for Candidates Seeking Employment: Carbon Health, as both a healthcare provider and a federal contractor, is subject to certain laws, regulations and orders requiring its workforce to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants. Carbon Health has therefore implemented a requirement that all employees be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment with Carbon Health will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants by their start date unless a medical or religious exemption has been approved and a reasonable accommodation has been granted; and (2) submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date. The preceding is a condition of employment with Carbon Health.
Are you a Medical Assistant looking to make a career change or start your career with a great organization? At Carbon Health, you’ll work alongside a fun and supportive team of healthcare professionals committed to delivering the best patient care experience possible. We combine smart technology with modern, welcoming clinics and have our own EHR to streamline communication to cut down on administrative tasks and wait times. We offer great benefits including robust PTO, 100% of your insurance premiums covered by Carbon Health, 401k with employer match, career development and more! If you are customer-focused, empathetic, and have a fun, positive attitude, we want to talk to you!
Hours of Operation: 830A-730P
Schedule: Per Diem, on an as needed
What You'll Do
- Perform patient care such as taking vitals, patient history and triaging
- Assist with procedures such as incision and drainage, lacerations and wound care
- Administer medications via intradermal, intramuscular and subcutaneous routes
- Carry out ear lavages and run EKGs
- Conduct lab testing such as urinalysis, urine pregnancy test, blood glucose testing, monospot, rapid strep and influenza testing, rapid hiv testing
- Manage the front desk and perform receptionist duties as needed
- Certification from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Current BLS certification1+ years experience as a Medical Assistant
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays
- Phlebotomy experience preferred
- Great communication skills
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we provide patients with omnichannel care, designed to meet them where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics, virtual care and remote patient monitoring (RPM). Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.