Clinician Manager, Urgent Care Physician
Jenkintown, PA /
Physicians – Clinician Management /
At Carbon Health, we believe everyone deserves good health. We have diverse and passionate teams who lead by example to expand what's possible in healthcare and further our mission of making great healthcare accessible.
• 135+ clinics in 16 states and growing
• Ranked on Inc. 5000's list as the 2nd-fastest-growing private company in the U.S. in 2021
• Recognized as a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup in 2020
COVID Vaccination Requirement for Candidates Seeking Employment: Carbon Health, as both a healthcare provider and a federal contractor, is subject to certain laws, regulations and orders requiring its workforce to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants. Carbon Health has therefore implemented a requirement that all employees be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment with Carbon Health will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants by their start date unless a medical or religious exemption has been approved and a reasonable accommodation has been granted; and (2) submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date. The preceding is a condition of employment with Carbon Health.
Are you a Physician ready to take that next step in your career? If you're looking for a role that allows you to connect with patients, but also grow and develop your skills as a leader, this is it! As the Clinician Manager, you'll make a difference with your patients and the team you support each day. You'll encourage best practices and processes that strengthen your team and clinic, contributing to the overall success of the community and Carbon Health as an organization. We are forward-thinking and dedicated to making healthcare accessible to all through technology and passionate healthcare providers who truly believe in delivering the best experience for our patients and team members!
Oversee 2 Locations: 1585 The Fairway, Jenkintown, PA 19046 ; 744 N Bethlehem Pike, Montgomeryville, PA 18936 ; 2019 Welsh Rd
What You'll Do
- Conduct patient-centric and thorough history taking and physical examinations with evidence-based workups and treatment plans
- Interpret x-rays, lab results and EKG's
- Triage and manage patient flow efficiently to minimize wait times
- Perform digital blocks and regional anesthesia, bedside procedures, including but not limited to laceration repairs, suture/staple removal, incision & drainage, foreign body removal, large joint aspirations, nail removal, joint reductions, splinting, venipuncture, intravenous fluid administration
- Review and manage daily tasks, including patient callbacks regarding lab results
- Provide oversight and lead day-to-day operations for your team of medical assistants and support staff
- Consult supervising physician based on scope of practice and patient needs
- Interview, onboard and mentor clinicians
- Identify clinical and patient experience educational opportunities for your team
- Respond to patient and staff complaints regarding clinicians
- Perform chart audits and one-to-one evaluations of clinicians on a monthly basis
- Manage payroll targets and complete incentive reports monthly
- Create and maintain clinician schedule for your sites
- Attend all administrative meetings
- Participate in special projects related to clinical quality improvement and innovation
- Send out regular communications to staff with updates
- Implement new clinical and operational process and lead the team through change
- BC/BE MD or DO - Family Medicine, IM/Peds, or Emergency Medicine
- Current, unrestricted medical license to practice in the state of Pennsylvania
- Maintain a controlled substance license along with an unrestricted Pennsylvania DEA license
- Ability to consult and treat patients of all ages
- Experience in ER, urgent care or similar setting (minimum 2 years experience)
- Ability to work two full weekends per month (required for full-time clinicians)
- Maintain confidentiality and impartiality at all times
- Availability to work in other clinic locations and some holidays as needed (preferred)
No direct/indirect agency solicitations please. Thank you!
• Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance, effective day 1
• 401k employee contributions and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Medical malpractice insurance covered
• Clinical Rounds for ongoing learning through Carbon Health clinic cases
• CME subscriptions include UpToDate, HippoED, and ECGWeekly for full time clinicians
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development access through Udemy Business
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we provide patients with omnichannel care, designed to meet them where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics, virtual care and remote patient monitoring (RPM). Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.