San Francisco, CA /
Research & Development – Engineering /
WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
Our mission is making world-class care accessible to everyone. Carbon Health is a modern healthcare provider that combines smart technology with inviting clinics. We deliver a uniquely seamless experience for both medical professionals and patients through our mobile, virtual and in-person services.
The Job At A Glance
Join Carbon Health’s dynamic and talented engineering organization! Our engineering team provides the Carbon Health modern tech-enable health care platform that combines technology with inviting healthcare clinics designed from the ground up putting patient care first.
In this role, you will join a team of engineers who are tackling challenging engineering problems that will transform multiple delivery platforms including virtual care, patient referrals, home prescription delivery, smart scheduling, and health data collection with a focus on delivering a uniquely seamless experience from virtual care to in-person care for patients and providers.
What You'll Do
- Understand Carbon Health’s products and services and introduce technology innovations with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability
- Design, develop and maintain the software infrastructure that powers our Carbon Health apps
- Partner with fellow engineers to innovate, architect, develop and scale Carbon
- Health’s development tools and platform solutions
- Provide initiative, and technical project ownership to build reliable, high-quality solutions that scale with Carbon Health’s engineering processes
- Deliver and review technical design, code and documentation
- Drive ongoing efficiency and reliability improvements through design and automation: availability, performance, scaling, monitoring and capacity
- Manage upstream and downstream dependencies, collaborate with other engineering teams, gather requirements, evolve solutions and enable successful adoption
- Participate in building new experiences, improve existing products, ensure quality assurance test designs and contribute to test systems architecture discussions
- Provide design input specifications, requirements, and guidance to software engineers for algorithm implementation for solution/product development
- Strong computer science fundamentals and are passionate about scale, quality, and performance
- A passion for open source software development
- Experience with user interfaces, distributed systems, and asynchronous programming
- You are a proven engineer who is not only strong technically, you have shown that you can work effectively with product managers, designers and other engineering teams
- A fierce sense of ownership, caring deeply about the quality of everything that you deliver into your customers’ hands
- You love the challenge of engineering, and are confident in your ability to bring clarity and direction to ambiguous problem spaces
- You work well in a fast-paced environment while deeply invest in long term quality and efficiency
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the technology-enabled healthcare provider designed from the ground up to put patient care first. By combining technology with modern clinics, it delivers a uniquely seamless experience from virtual care to in-person care to meet patients where they are. Carbon Health removes the boundaries to high-quality, transparent and personal care and envisions making patient-centric, world-class care accessible and a reality for everyone. Carbon Health is headquartered in San Francisco with clinics across California, Washington, New York and virtual care in 16 states across the U.S.
To learn more about Carbon Health, and to stay up to date on what we're doing visit https://blog.carbonhealth.com/
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.