Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Urgent Care (Part-Time)
Puyallup, WA /
Advanced Practice Clinicians – Urgent Care /
At Carbon Health, we believe in the power of health, of medicine, and of technology. We’ve built a diverse and passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another and reach Carbon Health’s mission of making great healthcare accessible.
• Ranked on Inc. 5000's list as the 2nd-fastest-growing private company in the U.S. in 2021
• Recognized as a LinkedIn Top 50 Startup in 2020
• More than 125 clinics in 16 states and growing with a goal to reach 1,500 clinics nationwide by 2025
COVID Vaccination Requirement for Candidates Seeking Employment: Carbon Health, as both a healthcare provider and a federal contractor, is subject to certain laws, regulations and orders requiring its workforce to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants. Carbon Health has therefore implemented a requirement that all employees be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment with Carbon Health will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants by their start date unless a medical or religious exemption has been approved and a reasonable accommodation has been granted; and (2) submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date. The preceding is a condition of employment with Carbon Health.
We are looking for a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner excited about making a difference in your community and the patients we serve every day! You will review medical histories, conduct physical exams, diagnose illnesses/injuries, collaborate on treatment plans, and counsel patients on health and well-being.
Location: Sunrise Village - 10221 156th St E - Puyallup, WA - 98374
Schedule: Part-time - 2 shifts per week / 21 hours
What You'll Do
- Conduct patient-centric examinations and craft evidence-based workups and treatment plans
- Interpret x-rays, lab results, and EKGs
- Triage and manage patient flow efficiently to minimize wait times
- Perform digital blocks and regional anesthesia, bedside procedures including but not limited to laceration repairs, suture/staple removal, incision & drainage, foreign body removal, large joint aspirations, nail removal, joint reductions, splinting, venipuncture, intravenous fluid administration
- Review and manage daily tasks, including patient callbacks regarding lab results
- Provide oversight and lead day-to-day operations for your team of medical assistants and support staff
- Consult supervising physician based on the scope of practice and patient needs
- Medical/Master’s degree and certification
- PA - Valid Washington license to practice as a Physician Assistant and current national certification
- RN - Valid Washington license to practice as a Registered Nurse, NP - Valid Washington license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner and current national certification
- Current, unrestricted medical license to practice in the state of Washington
- Maintain a controlled substance license along with an unrestricted Washington DEA license
- Ability to consult and treat patients of all ages
- Experience in ER, urgent care or similar setting (minimum 1 year)
- Ability to work two full weekends per month (required for full-time clinicians)
- Maintain confidentiality and impartiality at all times
- Availability to work in other clinic locations and some holidays as needed (preferred)
- OR -
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision Insurance with 100% of monthly premium covered for employees & 80% for dependents based upon role
- 401k with employer match, pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
- FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
- Medical malpractice insurance covered
- Clinical Rounds for ongoing learning through Carbon Health clinic cases
- CME subscriptions include UpToDate, HippoED, and ECGWeekly for full time clinicians
- Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development access through Udemy Business
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we provide patients with omnichannel care, designed to meet them where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics, virtual care and remote patient monitoring (RPM). Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.