Perception Engineer (Computer Vision)
Who We Are
We build highly intelligent robotic arms that automate tasks no human was born to do. With computer vision and machine intelligence, we make it easy for anyone to program tasks in a matter of hours instead of weeks, while our platform enables developers to build the next generation of robotic applications. We’re scrappy, we’re focused, and we’re out to change the face of robotics.
What You’ll Be Doing
We're looking for an experienced computer vision engineer (visioneer? your call) to translate pixels to millimeters and help our robots understand the world around them. You’ll be building the architecture that lets our robots recognize features and geometry, measure distances, react to obstructions, and work side by side with people in industrial environments. You’ll collaborate frequently with the controls and motion planning teams to integrate visual feedback into our motion routines, and work with our mechatronics team to design a highly accurate camera system.
Please only apply for one role at a time! We will assess all your qualifications and contact you if we determine there is a role that is better suited to your skill set.
Nuts & Bolts
- Own development of a highly accurate feature recognition, 3d reconstruction, and optical inspection pipeline
- Work closely with controls and application engineers to expose data and integrate vision system into our robotic platform
- Collaborate with hardware team on the design of vision sensor package and related systems
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience implementing geometry-based methods in computer vision
- Experience with robotics, ROS, Gazebo, OpenCV and/or PCL
- Fluency in C / C++
- MS or PhD in Computer Vision, Robotics, or related field
- Experience working with GPUs, particularly on embedded hardware
- Experience with machine learning and classification, exposure to deep learning frameworks
- Understanding of optics, lens design, multi-element lenses and lens selection
- Competitive salary and benefits (health / vision / dental)
- Meaningful early-stage equity
- Extreme growth in an environment that demands the best work of your career
- Once-in-a-lifetime chance to improve the lives of millions of people
Send us your technical portfolio. Fancy titles at fancy companies are great, but we care way more about what you can build. It doesn’t have to be polished, just help us understand who you are and what you can do.