What we’re looking for:
To support the growth of Cardano Foundation's Legal Department, we are seeking a German speaking General Counsel, who drives initiatives in regards to regulatory frameworks and ensures overall compliance. A strategic thinker with the foresight to anticipate and mitigate risks, related to decentralized technologies in different jurisdictions, and to proactively create a positive environment for the adoption of them.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide strategic legal advice, counsel and support to Foundation management and board.
- Navigate and understand the Swiss and International Legal landscape of new and emerging technologies.
- Keep up to date with regulatory developments and apply existing Swiss, European and International laws and compliance standards to future technologies.
- Closely working with and overseeing the Legal Team to further establish processes and support the Departments growth.
- Approach Regulators to facilitate the regulatory process for the Blockchain legal landscape.
- Provide support and manage legal research in the Blockchain regulatory landscape.
- Develop and update the international legal strategy for the Cardano Foundation in light of changes in regulation and current court decisions.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of documents including, grants contracts, professional services, internal policies, employment agreements and service agreements.
- Review and support on commercial agreements (e.g. software development agreements and NDAs).
- Prepare and manage other regulatory required documents related to the ongoing operations of a Swiss foundation.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust.
What we look for in you:
- Swiss accredited lawyer (Masters in Law, admission to a cantonal Bar in Switzerland )
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience as an in-house lawyer in a startup, corporate legal function and/or for startups within a Swiss law firm.
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a Swiss foundation and demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information.
- Ideally a proven track record in blockchain, decentralized technologies and related legal issues.
- Experience with contract negotiation and drafting as well as the ability to juggle multiple projects, quickly learn and adapt to new subjects and legal topics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong written and communication skills in German and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
If you are excited about working in a startup environment, taking ownership and being part of a highly motivated team with a passion for blockchain and decentralized open-source networks, we would like to receive your application.
For this key role, we do only accept applications from residents in Switzerland (headquarter) currently.
Cardano Foundation does not accept any applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Unsolicited applications will be treated as direct application regardless of the channel through which we receive them. Please get in touch with Keith D. Wyss to discuss recruitment services and do not contact Cardano Foundation employees directly.
Work at the Cardano Foundation
Cardano Foundation is striving towards a blockchain-enabled better future, based on inclusiveness and transparency. Our ambition is to build a blockchain-complete era’s global financial and social operating system. We can only achieve our goal with the best talents! We are attracting high-performing individuals who think outside the box and will take us to new heights. If you are up for unlocking opportunities and create value with relevant experience, we would love to hear from you.
- Open minded, collaborative and diverse culture with truly human values
- Equal opportunities at anytime in respectful, fair and conscious surroundings
- Learning and development opportunities to strive for your individual goals
- Referral bonus for your efforts bringing the right people into our environment
- Flexible and remote working to ensure a good work life balance where wellbeing matters
Please note, all positions at the Cardano Foundation require relevant experience. Applications without required experience will not be considered.