Head of Finance
What we’re looking for:
Our Head of Finance, who will be reporting to our CEO, shall ensure the accomplishment of the CF’s mission and vision, and the accountability of the CF to its various constituents. This will be achieved by ensuring the function’s efficient operation and working to improve its value to the business.
You oversee our company’s finance processes and ensure efficiency in all aspects. As well you will optimize our company's finance capabilities, employ strategies to maximize gratification and manage initiatives. You will lead in compiling the company's budget and employ strategies to safeguard assets and assemble financial reports, control financial policies and procedures, planning and analysis, as well as operations.
To ensure success you should have a clear understanding of our company’s core values and procedure. As an exemplary Leader, having superb business acumen, a sound understanding of business strategies, you will be able to optimise all finance matters on a regular basis.
What you'll be doing:
1. Finance and accounting
- Develop and manage the budget across the organization together with key participants.
- Driving the company’s finance capabilities to surpass gratification, retention and company goals.
- Controlling company costs, and introducing tactical initiatives to address theft and other losses.
- Monitoring invoices, money handling procedures, accounting, bank and crypto processes.
- Preparing timely and accurate financial performance reports and conducting profit and cost analyses.
- Ensure that accounts are accurately produced and delivered to the Executive Management and Board according to agreed timetables, as well oversee the efficient delivery of the monthly payroll.
2. Risk management and Leadership
- Conduct risk management, allocate internal and external resources and manage cash flows.
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations and lead on the annual external audit and any internal functional audits.
- Completing performance reviews in a prudent manner and leading one Team Member.
- Assessing and implementing improved processes and new technologies, as well collaborating with management regarding the implementation of these improvements.
- Support Business unit Leaders in negotiating programme/ project contracts and maintain the highest standards of financial integrity, as well oversee the organisation’s cash forecasting and treasury function.
What we look for in you:
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, blockchain/ crypto reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
If you are excited about working in a startup environment, taking ownership, and being part of a highly motivated team with a passion for blockchain and decentralized open-source networks, we would like to receive your application.
For this key role, we do only accept applications from residents in Switzerland (headquarter) currently.
Cardano Foundation does not accept any applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Unsolicited applications will be treated as direct application regardless of the channel through which we receive them. Please get in touch with Keith D. Wyss to discuss recruitment services and do not contact Cardano Foundation employees directly.
Work at the Cardano Foundation
Cardano Foundation is striving towards a blockchain-enabled better future, based on inclusiveness and transparency. Our ambition is to build a blockchain-complete era’s global financial and social operating system. We can only achieve our goal with the best talents! We are attracting high-performing individuals who think outside the box and will take us to new heights. If you are up for unlocking opportunities and create value with relevant experience, we would love to hear from you.
- Open minded, collaborative and diverse culture with truly human values
- Equal opportunities at anytime in respectful, fair and conscious surroundings
- Learning and development opportunities to strive for your individual goals
- Referral bonus for your efforts bringing the right people into our environment
- Flexible and remote working to ensure a good work life balance where wellbeing matters
Please note, all positions at the Cardano Foundation require relevant experience. Applications without required experience will not be considered.