Technical Project Manager
Operations – Technical /
Please note, all positions at the Cardano Foundation require relevant experience. Applications without required experience will not be considered.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a skilled Technical Project Manager to join our growing team. As Technical Project Manager at the Cardano Foundation you will be responsible for planning and implementing operational IT projects across the organisation as well as complex projects with 3rd parties and business partners with a focus on managing resources and agreed deliverables. You should have a comprehensive knowledge of the blockchain space, a solid understanding of technical and business perspectives, an aptitude for thinking outside the box and great interpersonal skills. The role entails strong critical thinking, organisation, as well as overall stakeholder and project team management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage the delivery of core projects and integrations with 3rd parties, reporting to key stakeholders and development partners
- Develop full scale project plans, facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Contribute to the creation and management of budgets
- Project-plan, forecast and identify project risks
- Collate and present reports to stakeholders highlighting progress, risks, problems and solutions
- Implement and track quality assurance across projects
- Ensure technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organisation
- Keep up to date with Cardano technical developments
- Assess new business applications that could be of use by the organisation as required, by providing a cost/benefit analysis
- Manage both internal and external service desk, from a technical and management level
- Manage the Foundation’s public Github repositories, handle PR sorting, triaging, reviewing
- STEM University degree - your foundation is science and you have the formal training to speak that language
- 2+ years as a developer - you handle code, repositories, and reviews like the best of them. Git commands and SDLC are natural to you
- 2+ years of project management experience - you have internalized Agile, are a master organizer, know how to steer multiple groups to get to delivery
- Blockchain expertise - you understand and can articulate complex blockchain concepts like DeFi, Staking, UTXO model, DAOs. You know most of the major chains and their differences.
- Blockchain passion - you listen to podcasts, watch videos, attend meetups. You keep up with the field as something that consumes you.
- Proactive Problem Solver - you combine Technical understanding and management skills, can analyze information and inform others intelligently, address areas as diverse as Staffing, Data Center Management, Budget development, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Quality Management
- Able to work productively and independently in a decentralised team
- Excel at project planning, highly structured with excellent organisational and people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- IT contract management experience
Nice to have:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- PMP, CSM or other project management certification
- Deployed Smart-contract experience
- Jira administration experience
- JQL knowledge
Work at the Cardano Foundation
Cardano Foundation is striving towards a blockchain-enabled better future based on inclusiveness and transparency. Our ambition is to build a blockchain-complete era’s global financial and social operating system. We can only achieve our goal with the best talent! We are attracting high-performing individuals who think outside the box and will take us to new heights. If you are up for unlocking opportunities and create value with relevant experience, we would love to hear from you.