Site Reliability Engineer
Technology – EngOps /
At Cardata, our goal is to provide cost-effective and accurate ways to reimburse drivers for using their personal vehicles for work. We partner closely with our customers to provide best-in-class support, service and technology to Drive What Matters for them and their employees.
We recently secured an investment of over $100M to fuel our vision of building a complete vehicle management platform. Read more here.
Who You Are
You are responsible for keeping all user-facing services and other production systems running smoothly. You will craft, manage and maintain the tools used for software engineering and supporting software used for conception, design, testing and deployment of new products and features. You will have a direct impact on the entire engineering and production environment by ensuring the reliability and performance of our systems and infrastructure.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work closely with Engineering stakeholders to design and maintain a reliable, scalable and secure platform.
- Optimize existing deployment Tooling and Infrastructure, including but not limited to creating and maintenance new CI/CD Pipelines, optimizing infrastructure for cost or performance to meet our company goals.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to identify areas for improvement and implement solutions.
- Provides DevOps domain expertise for existing projects and new initiatives.
- Set up and maintain test environments for manual and automated testing.
- Conduct and analyze results of vulnerability scanning and penetration testing and action findings.
- Plan and perform ongoing routine application maintenance tasks.
- Own incident management and root cause analysis to prevent future incidents.
- Participate in on-call rotations for monitoring and alerting.
- Identify cost saving opportunities within our infrastructure.
What You'll Bring
- 3-6 years of experience in Site Reliability Engineering
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies such as AWS
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes & Linux Systems
- Problem solving mindset and attention to detail
- A thought leader able to guide a team on best practices
- Agile development experience
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent work experience
Why you’ll love working at Cardata:
Cardata provides you with a flexible, autonomous environment that encourages employees to experiment, innovate and learn. As part of our team, you will be surrounded by supportive leaders and caring colleagues who are dedicated to taking on new challenges, focusing on the customer, and working as a team to achieve success. Additionally, you will be provided with:
Opportunity for career progression in a growing company
Competitive salary + bonus
Opportunity to work remotely
Flexible working hours
Medical & Dental Benefits with 100% employer paid premiums
Healthcare spending account
Wellness spending account
15 days of vacation + additional time off throughout the year
3 pit-stop days (Cardata's version of mental health days)
Cardata is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be equally considered without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome to bring their authentic selves to work.
If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.