Software Engineer (Full-stack)
Boston, MA /
Software Engineering /
At Cardiologs, we aim to democratize access to expert cardiac care through medical-grade artificial intelligence and cloud technology. Our flagship product, the Cardiologs Holter platform, is a leading software for analyzing ambulatory ECG used to help diagnose over 1 million patients annually.
We are currently venturing into the remote patient monitoring space with the Cardiologs RPM solution, allowing patients to share their smartwatch ECGs with their physicians, who in turn use our cloud-based RPM platform to streamline ECG reviews.
In November 2021, we announced that we were being acquired by Philips to expand our cardiac portfolio.
We have an innovative, result-oriented work environment where we foster ambition and dedication while being mindful of our teammates’ work and achievements. We also nurture our company culture with monthly all-hands meetings and apéros, and other fun activities.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Full-stack Developer to strengthen our Engineering Team.
You will work hand to hand with Data Sciences, Product Designers teams, and our IT experts to improve our Annotation web platform and internal tooling system, design and develop new user flows, and ensure everything runs reliably.
We are particularly looking for a Software Engineer Team Leader interested in building an advanced user annotation flow. You will help the Data Science team to enhance our internal data while implementing highly interactive visualization charts and time-based event displays. This platform is using Rails and React.
Who you are
- An autonomous, committed, enthusiastic person with a "can-do", creative and challenging mindset
- You have more than 2 years of experience in software engineering
- Knowledgeable about modern web platform architectures and you have a strong knowledge of standard algorithms and data structures
- You already worked with two or more of the following: Python, Ruby (Rails), HTML/CSS/JS (Angular, ReactJS, VueJS), Relational Databases
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Some knowledge of the French language is a plus.
+ You already worked in a startup environment.
+ You have previous experience and/or a strong interest in developing healthcare products.
What we value
We value a positive mindset, collaboration, a sense of ownership, transparency, the ability to embrace ambiguity, a talk-less-do-more attitude, and a sense of humor to enjoy ourselves along the way. If you identify with our values and want to contribute to our company, we’d love to have you in!
What we offer
- Beautifully by-the-book startup offices in Boston
- A respectful, fun, collaborative work environment
- WFO/WFH policy (2-3 days allowed at home per week)
- Yearly team off-sites
Our recruiting process
Being authorized to work in the US is a precondition of employment.
1- Quick introductory HR phone call (20-30 min)
2 - Technical part:
- Quick tech call for 15-20 min to do a short algo exercise with one of the Software Engineers of the team
- Optional homework, to prepare the Technical interview in our office or via Zoom with the Hiring Manager and a team member (90 min)
3 - Performance interview in our office or via Zoom with 2 different persons from the team (90 min)
4 - Culture interview in our office (with lunch or drinks with the team if possible!) with 2 different persons from the team (90 min)
To close the process, we'll do some reference calls. In parallel, we'll organize a quick call (15-20 min) with our General Manager and Co-founder, Yann Fleureau (only if you did not have the opportunity to meet him in one of the previous interviews)
If you feel like acing our technical interviews, here are a few resources we like:
- Cracking the Coding Interview book: http://www.crackingthecodinginterview.com/
- The Art of Unix Programming: http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/taoup/html/
- Some Google Cloud Platform tutorials: https://cloud.google.com/python/tutorials/bookshelf-on-kubernetes-engine and https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/postgres/best-practices