R & D Director, Clinical AI
Data Science /
Cardiosense is a digital health company that operates at the intersection of wearable technology and artificial intelligence to improve patient health. Our mission is to use physiological waveform data to predict cardiac illness and enable early interventions so people can enjoy healthier, longer lives.
To achieve our mission we are building a physiological waveform AI platform to develop predictive biomarkers to detect and manage cardiac disease. The company has developed a suite of novel digital tools, multi-sensor devices, and analysis algorithms for use by care providers to detect clinical worsening earlier, inform personalized therapy, and improve patient outcomes.
Our team brings together experts in data science, electronics, and healthcare and has partnered with leading healthcare and academic institutions to introduce the next generation of patient waveform monitoring and analytics solutions.
What you'll be doing:
As R&D Director for Clinical AI, you will play a cross-functional, leadership role across both our data science and clinical teams driving ideation, implementation, validation, and commercialization of our noninvasive hemodynamic algorithms.
In this role, you will:
- Own clinical algorithm design, development, and validation strategy.
- Collaborate with clinical and regulatory stakeholders to define requirements for data science team and develop "KPIs" to evaluate model training.
- Design end-to-end study infrastructure and data pipelines to streamline collection of multiple unstructured data streams.
- Author scientific and medical manuscripts for publication in journals and presentation at conferences.
- Prepare and present statistical analysis of algorithm performance to scientific advisory board.
- Drive productization and commercialization strategy for AI products. Plan and lead interactions with the FDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Negotiate data usage agreements with research institutions and clinical sites. Partner with legal counsel to develop IP strategy for AI product portfolio.
- Participate and engage in thought leadership working groups around the regulation of AI in clinical practice
What we're looking for:
- Deep understanding of medical, scientific, or clinical research techniques and principles. Ph.D. or comparable experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Bioinformatics or similar fields
- Experience in full-cycle development of clinical algorithms from model training through regulatory clearance
- Able to rapidly acquire familiarity with emerging technologies and software algorithms.
- Excellent ability to communicate complex and machine learning concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working with cardiology departments and cath labs preferred.
- Experience with modern machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch preferred. Startup experience preferred.
Location and Travel:
Candidates located in or willing to relocate to the Chicago, IL area are preferred, however other locations will also be considered. This position may require 25% travel depending on candidate’s location.
Cardiosense is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.