Senior Signal Processing Engineer
Data Science /
Cardiosense is a digital health company that operates at the intersection of wearable technology and artificial intelligence to improve patient health. Our mission is to use physiological waveform data to predict cardiac illness and enable early interventions so people can enjoy healthier, longer lives.
To achieve our mission we are building a physiological waveform AI platform to develop predictive biomarkers to detect and manage cardiac disease. The company has developed a suite of novel digital tools, multi-sensor devices, and analysis algorithms for use by care providers to detect clinical worsening earlier, inform personalized therapy, and improve patient outcomes.
Our team brings together experts in data science, electronics, and healthcare and has partnered with leading healthcare and academic institutions to introduce the next generation of patient waveform monitoring and analytics solutions.
About this role:
The Senior Signal Processing Engineer is responsible for developing novel algorithms to be used in a physiological waveform data solution that will leverage data from multi-model sensors to detect early onsets of cardiac diseases. They will work across clinical and engineering teams to support data collection and to build and optimize end-to-end solutions. A face-paced environment at Cardiosense will provide opportunities for growth in technical understanding, effective leadership, and project development.
What you'll be doing:
- Help develop software solutions that provide clinically relevant metrics and indications from unobtrusive and non-invasive sensors.
- Apply digital signal processing techniques to physiological waveforms (PPG, ECG, SCG, etc.) and build novel machine learning algorithms for hemodynamic assessment.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines. Optimize database and computational resources for the data science team.
- Collaborate across hardware and software engineering teams to identify opportunities for design improvements and operational efficiency.
- Work closely with the clinical research team to design end-to-end study infrastructure and pipeline to collect data from clinical sites.
What we're looking for:
- MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer science, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience in data analysis or related fields such as Data Scientist, Computational Biologist, or bioinformatics
- Experience with wearable health sensors and related biometric algorithms (e.g. PPG, ECG, respiratory signals)
- Expertise in digital signal processing techniques including noise reduction, frequency domain analysis, and filtering techniques.
- Deep understanding of both classical machine learning and AI/deep learning concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate requirements, manage tasks, and relay results to management teams.
- Experience with analytic database design and application
- Understanding of good machine learning practice for medical device development
Cardiosense is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.