San Francisco, California /
Who we are:
Cardless is a credit card company. If you've ever signed up for a rewards card, be it for hotel points or airline miles, you know what we do. If you've ever wondered why more of your favorite brands don't offer similar rewards cards, you know why we do it. Behind the scenes, the creation of a co-brand credit card is a lengthy, cumbersome process that requires collaboration with massive slow-moving partners. Our goal is to change that. We work with the banks, payment processors, and payment rails to accelerate card launches and empower brands to focus on delivering rewards truly valuable to their superfan cardholders.
In the 18 months since our founding, we have gathered an all-star team as well as assembled all of the partnerships needed to launch, built a scalable system with a working credit card, and secured strong funding. We are a team as much as an organization and value individuality, diversity, and collaboration as much as talent. With our first public launch on the horizon, we have built the foundations for a truly groundbreaking financial product.
We're confident about what we've built so far, but we know it can be better. Which brings us to your role...
Cardless is hiring our first in-house Legal Counsel to lead and counsel cutting-edge, complex legal problems in a highly regulated industry. Your legal advice will directly impact the direction and strategy of our product.
- Work cross-functionally with and provide legal counsel to compliance, risk, operations, and other internal teams
- Review and advise on applicable financial and compliance regulations
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, vendor agreements, and other legal related documents on an as-needed basis
- JD from top ABA accredited law school and current member of any State Bar, and in good standing
- 3+ years experience as in-house counsel for a tech or fintech company
- Experience advising on legal matters within financial regulatory compliance is a must, consumer lending and credit card background is a major plus
- Minimum 5+ years experience practicing law
Cardless was founded in February 2019 by Michael Spelfogel and Scott Kazmierowicz (ex-Stanford CS / Data Science, ex-Lyft, ex-Visa, ex-Goldman) and is backed by top VCs including Accomplice, Greycroft, Clocktower Ventures, as well as founders of Plaid, Plastiq, SeatGeek, Flatiron Health, and FiveStars. We believe the future of financial services is cardless. Our name reflects the advanced technologies we work with everyday to make managing and moving money safer, easier, and more rewarding for everyone.