San Francisco, California /
Who we are:
Cardless is a credit card company. We help brands launch custom cobrand credit card products. We handle the program creation, card underwriting, lending, issuance, and top-notch customer service, while brands focus on delivering rewards truly valuable to their superfan cardholders.
We recently raised a Series A, and things are getting serious.
In the 18 months since our founding, we have assembled all of the partnerships needed to launch, hired engineering, compliance, and operational teams, secured strong funding, and have built the foundations for an iconic brand.
We’re confident about what we’ve built so far, but we know it can be better. Which brings us to your role...
Out compliance team works to monitor, control, and mitigate risk Cardless faces in its management of the consumer credit card product. This includes not only anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorist financing (CTF) and sanctions compliance, but compliance with the fair lending laws and their implementing regulations.
The team also works closely with the compliance team at our issuing bank, ensuring that we provide the information and documentation the bank needs to satisfy their regulatory requirements and continue to support our program. The compliance function is responsible for developing Cardless' internal controls, as well as training staff as needed, conducting program and partner monitoring, and compliance operational work.
- Support the Compliance Director by assisting in day-to-day Compliance Program management
- Investigate KYC/AML screening results, including researching public records and drafting due diligence reports as needed
- Conduct customer due diligence (CDD) investigations for new and existing credit card account holders, as well as for critical vendors, brand partners, and other entities as needed
- Monitor and conduct ongoing CDD in a risk-sensitive manner keeping in mind Cardless' product and service offering
- Assist in developing new-hire and employee training in areas such as AML/OFAC, Truth in Lending Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and red flags.
- Review ad-hoc escalations from strategic partners as well as internal teams and determine next steps
- 3-4 years of compliance operations experience, preferably both in traditional financial institutional and FinTech environments
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements that apply to financial institutions, as well as the research skills necessary to understand new or evolving regulation
- Knowledge of AML laws and regulations, including a general and broad understanding of AML, financial and reputational risks (PEPs, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery & Corruption)
- Familiarity with performing compliance operations functions, especially due diligence investigations and audit trail managementStrong critical thinking skills and an investigative instinct
- Familiarity with reporting thresholds and requirements
- Strong time management skills
- Experience in payments compliance and/or AML investigations experience a plus
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to treat confidential information with professionalism and discretion
Cardless was founded in February 2019 by Michael Spelfogel and Scott Kazmierowicz (ex-Stanford CS / Data Science, ex-Lyft, ex-Visa, ex-Goldman) and is backed by top VCs including Accomplice, Greycroft, Clocktower Ventures, as well as founders of Plaid, Plastiq, SeatGeek, Flatiron Health, and FiveStars. We believe the future of financial services is cardless. Our name reflects the advanced technologies we work with everyday to make managing and moving money safer, easier, and more rewarding for everyone.