Customer Success Manager
San Francisco, California /
Who we are:
Cardless is a credit card company. We help brands launch custom cobrand credit card products. We handle the program creation, card underwriting, lending, issuance, and top-notch customer service, while brands focus on delivering rewards truly valuable to their superfan cardholders.
We recently raised a Series A, and things are getting serious.
In the 18 months since our founding, we have assembled all of the partnerships needed to launch, hired engineering, compliance, and operational teams, secured strong funding, and have built the foundations for an iconic brand.
We’re confident about what we’ve built so far, but we know it can be better. Which brings us to your role...
Cardless is looking for a Customer Success Manager reporting to our Director of Operations.
- You’ll own all customer service related processes and vendors at Cardless. This includes our customer service agent provider relationship, as well as our consulting and technical implementation vendors. You’ll be responsible for tweaking, improving and revamping existing customer service policies, workflows, scripts and playbooks based on data driven insights while the company scales rapidly.
- You’ll be managing all contact center escalations for Cardless and making sure escalations tickets are resolved in a timely manner. This will mean a lot of cross-company communication in making sure even the edgiest of cases are resolved per our SLA.
- Informing product. You’ll be the connective tissue between our customers and our product organization. You’ll collect data-driven metrics on what’s causing our customers to need support, and advocate for the construction of customer service tools and product modifications to make our customers’ experience more wholesome. Experience informing product is a plus.
- Have at least 5 years of experience in the customer success field, of which at least one at the supervisory level
- Be experienced working either as an agent, or managing a call center
- Have experience maintaining a Zendesk instance or similar tooling (please mention this in your application!)
You should also:
- Be excited about working for a high-growth, high-velocity startup in an industry full of corporate behemoths
- Have exemplary written and verbal communication skills coupled with unparalleled follow up skills -- both outbound (to customers) and with internal stakeholders
- Be the voice of the customer internally and champion of Cardless externally
- Be chill in high stress situations, and be OK working with ambiguity to deliver unambiguously phenomenal outcomes
In an ideal world, you should also have some experience with:
- Day to day management of a contact center provider relationship
- Helping organizations make product decisions based on customer insight.
- Experience as a Product Specialist or similar is a big plus!
- Making recommendations to the organization around the building out of internal tools used by contact center agents
- Supporting customers of financial / fintech brands - and in particular, credit card companies - is, as you can imagine, a massive plus
Cardless was founded in February 2019 by Michael Spelfogel and Scott Kazmierowicz (ex-Stanford CS / Data Science, ex-Lyft, ex-Visa, ex-Goldman) and is backed by top VCs including Accomplice, Greycroft, Clocktower Ventures, as well as founders of Plaid, Plastiq, SeatGeek, Flatiron Health, and FiveStars. We believe the future of financial services is cardless. Our name reflects the advanced technologies we work with everyday to make managing and moving money safer, easier, and more rewarding for everyone.