San Francisco, California /
Who we are:
Cardless is a credit card company. If you've ever signed up for a rewards card, be it for hotel points or airline miles, you know what we do. If you've ever wondered why more of your favorite brands don't offer similar rewards cards, you know why we do it. Behind the scenes, the creation of a co-brand credit card is a lengthy, cumbersome process that requires collaboration with massive slow-moving partners. Our goal is to change that. We work with the banks, payment processors, and payment rails to accelerate card launches and empower brands to focus on delivering rewards truly valuable to their superfan cardholders.
In the 18 months since our founding, we have gathered an all-star team as well as assembled all of the partnerships needed to launch, built a scalable system with a working credit card, and secured strong funding. We are a team as much as an organization and value individuality, diversity, and collaboration as much as talent. We've built the foundations of a truly groundbreaking financial product and we're ready for our next chapter as we have officially launched! The Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA) credit card is live and the Cardless era of credit cards has begun.
We're confident about what we've built so far, but we know it can be better. Which brings us to your role...
As Cardless’ first frontend engineer, you’ll be working on our web application for cardholders to build new features, updates and security enhancements for our platform. You will help us solve large scale, complex fintech problems while creating an engaging and transparent user experience.
You’ll also interface closely with internal teams and stakeholders to help drive cross-functional, collaborative projects. Software engineering experience building complex systems is a must, enjoying getting into the weeds on complex financial products, processes, and regulation is a plus!
- Architect and implement new user-friendly product features and updates, providing cardholders with visibility and understanding of the credit card program
- Design, develop, test and scale product security enhancements without sacrificing user experience
- Collaborate effectively with internal/external teams and stakeholders to execute on complex cross-functional projects
- Provide technical leadership and guide the team’s overall development on the front end
- Minimum 4+ years of front end development experience, ideally in a high-growth environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Expert in current web technologies, ideally React
Cardless was founded in February 2019 by Michael Spelfogel and Scott Kazmierowicz (ex-Stanford CS / Data Science, ex-Lyft, ex-Visa, ex-Goldman) and is backed by top VCs including Accomplice, Greycroft, Clocktower Ventures, as well as founders of Plaid, Plastiq, SeatGeek, Flatiron Health, and FiveStars. We believe the future of financial services is cardless. Our name reflects the advanced technologies we work with everyday to make managing and moving money safer, easier, and more rewarding for everyone.