San Francisco, California /
Who we are:
Cardless is a credit card company. If you've ever signed up for a rewards card, be it for hotel points or airline miles, you know what we do. If you've ever wondered why more of your favorite brands don't offer similar rewards cards, you know why we do it. Behind the scenes, the creation of a co-brand credit card is a lengthy, cumbersome process that requires collaboration with massive slow-moving partners. Our goal is to change that. We work with the banks, payment processors, and payment rails to accelerate card launches and empower brands to focus on delivering rewards truly valuable to their superfan cardholders.
In the 18 months since our founding, we have gathered an all-star team as well as assembled all of the partnerships needed to launch, built a scalable system with a working credit card, and secured strong funding. We are a team as much as an organization and value individuality, diversity, and collaboration as much as talent. We've built the foundations of a truly groundbreaking financial product and we're ready for our next chapter as we have officially launched! The Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA) credit card is live and the Cardless era of credit cards has begun.
We're confident about what we've built so far, but we know it can be better. Which brings us to your role...
Cardless is hiring a Marketing Manager to create, develop, execute and deploy our brand marketing initiatives. You will work closely with internal teams and external brand partners to plan and deliver impactful marketing campaigns to drive consumer engagement and acquisition. You will own all aspects of brand marketing, including content creation, campaign deployment and analysis, communications and social media and help leadership make informed decisions on marketing spending.
- Create and develop Cardless’ overall marketing strategy and vision including, but not limited to campaign creatives and content, testing and performance analytics
- Drive brand partnership marketing campaigns across key marketing channels
- Advise leadership and internal stakeholders on marketing spend strategy
- Manage and collaborate with external stakeholders on content approval and distribution
- Utilize industry expertise for marketing forecasting
- Serve as primary point of contact for all marketing related matters
- 5+ years of experience in Brand or Partner Marketing experience, ideally in a consumer-facing, fintech company. Experience marketing credit cards to consumers is a major plus!
- Excellent understanding of multi-channel marketing and industry trends
- Significant experience partnering with brands, partners and internal/external stakeholders to collaboratively develop and launch marketing campaigns within a variety of targeted media channels
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Cardless was founded in February 2019 by Michael Spelfogel and Scott Kazmierowicz (ex-Stanford CS / Data Science, ex-Lyft, ex-Visa, ex-Goldman) and is backed by top VCs including Accomplice, Greycroft, Clocktower Ventures, as well as founders of Plaid, Plastiq, SeatGeek, Flatiron Health, and FiveStars. We believe the future of financial services is cardless. Our name reflects the advanced technologies we work with everyday to make managing and moving money safer, easier, and more rewarding for everyone.