Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
San Francisco, California /
Who we are:
Cardless is a credit card company. If you've ever signed up for a rewards card, be it for hotel points or airline miles, you know what we do. If you've ever wondered why more of your favorite brands don't offer similar rewards cards, you know why we do it. Behind the scenes, the creation of a co-brand credit card is a lengthy, cumbersome process that requires collaboration with massive slow-moving partners. Our goal is to change that. We work with the banks, payment processors, and payment rails to accelerate card launches and empower brands to focus on delivering rewards truly valuable to their superfan cardholders.
In the 18 months since our founding, we have gathered an all-star team as well as assembled all of the partnerships needed to launch, built a scalable system with a working credit card, and secured strong funding. We are a team as much as an organization and value individuality, diversity, and collaboration as much as talent. We've built the foundations of a truly groundbreaking financial product and we're ready for our next chapter as we have officially launched! The Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA) credit card is live and the Cardless era of credit cards has begun.
We're confident about what we've built so far, but we know it can be better. Which brings us to your role...
Cardless is hiring a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to play a key role in the strategic planning for the company. The FP&A Manager will handle and own all aspects of monthly business forecasting, planning and budgeting, financial analyses and partner with leadership to make informed business decisions. Your work will drive company-wide strategy and provide insightful decision support for cross-functional teams.
- Manage monthly business forecasting and reporting
- Track company and partner program business performance by building dashboards, analyzing KPIs, financial results and business trends
- Work directly with co-founders and internal stakeholders to support strategic decision making through financial modeling and analysis
- Build financial models to support and inform internal teams, particularly Partnerships
- Provide financial support for business development and capital markets
- Partner with CEO, CFO and business leaders to develop revenue plans and budgets
- Serve as Finance Business Partner for Engineering, Operations, Compliance, Risk and Recruiting
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports, decks and presentations for executive management, investors and Board of Directors
- 5+ years of experience working in FP&A in a high growth environment, ideally in a fintech setting
- Strong proficiency in financial modeling and Excel
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting and systems
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Cardless was founded in February 2019 by Michael Spelfogel and Scott Kazmierowicz (ex-Stanford CS / Data Science, ex-Lyft, ex-Visa, ex-Goldman) and is backed by top VCs including Accomplice, Greycroft, Clocktower Ventures, as well as founders of Plaid, Plastiq, SeatGeek, Flatiron Health, and FiveStars. We believe the future of financial services is cardless. Our name reflects the advanced technologies we work with everyday to make managing and moving money safer, easier, and more rewarding for everyone.