Operations Lead, Core Payments
San Francisco, California
At Cardless, we’re building a credit card and loyalty platform that consumer businesses use to engage their customers. We’ve launched 9 credit cards, including for the largest mall operator in the U.S. and the largest airline in South America. We help businesses bring imaginative card programs to life, and have pioneered technology to embed credit card features natively into their products.
We value curiosity, humility, and intensity — we move fast and take ownership. This is a place where a motivated, resourceful individual can have an enormous impact on our trajectory. We're headquartered in San Francisco, and have raised about $60M in equity funding from top venture capital firms and angels.
Cardless’ Core Payments team is responsible for driving forward complex projects for our partner onboarding and working across multiple cross-functional teams and external partners to ensure our customers' programs are successfully delivered. We manage several key external partners to ensure flawless product launches and ongoing operational management.
As the Operations Lead, Core Payments, you will shape the Operational culture of Cardless. A successful leader for this team will be organized, experienced in project management, and able to shift seamlessly between execution and escalation management. The day-to-day of operations work can be intense - so a positive attitude and deep passion for providing a great experience to all stakeholders are highly qualifying traits. We’re a lean team, so no task should be too big or too small for you.
This role requires a dynamic professional that is extremely detail-oriented and takes initiative to engage cross-functionally. You have an opportunity for tremendous impact as we scale the business.
- Manage operational aspects of Cardless offerings including product features and upgrades and new partner programs
- Create scalable and effective payments program processes to deliver successful brand partner launches
- Work closely with internal/external stakeholders to design and execute brand partner onboarding
- Lead and manage payments product partners, external stakeholders and vendors to ensure effective and timely execution of deliverables
- Manage daily relationships and escalations with key Payments Partner(s) including prioritizing efforts and delivering across teams
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience within the financial services sector and a solid understanding of the payments ecosystem and its regulatory environment (issuing banks, processors, card networks, & card supply chain)
- Minimum 3 years in an operational-focused role and solid understanding of how processes and systems interact; ability to solve a problem before it occurs
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills coupled with unparalleled follow-up skills - both outbound (to Partners) and with internal stakeholders
- Superior program and project management experience and the ability to prioritize, manage and deliver on multiple projects with various stakeholders; highly motivated and able to deliver on ambitious deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and ability to thrive in a fast moving environment
- Ability to identify and implement areas for optimization and process improvement
- High attention to detail and ability to execute with a high degree of accuracy
Total pluses, if you got it:
- Knowledge of financial institution back office or corporate payment processing - funds flow and bank and network settlement operations
- Strong background in process management with a demonstrated ability to improve company controls and protections, including the design of an effective internal control structure and an understanding of operations analytics and vendor management
$130,000 - $170,000 a year
We're headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with a beautiful office in the Mission District. We're proud to offer our team excellent benefits:
💸 Meaningful Start-up equity
🏥 100% health, vision & dental primary coverage
➕ 75% health, vision & dental dependent coverage
🍱 Catered lunches
🚎 $250/month Commuter benefit
👶 Parental leave
✈️ Team building events & happy hours
🌴 Flexible PTO with a minimum of 15 days off per year
🖥️ Apple equipment
💸 401k plan
Cardless employees are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19, and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day. Cardless is an equal opportunity employer, and we value a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.