Growth and Engagement Manager
San Francisco, California /
Who we are:
Cardless is a credit card company. If you've ever signed up for a rewards card, be it for hotel points or airline miles, you know what we do. If you've ever wondered why more of your favorite brands don't offer similar rewards cards, you know why we do it. Behind the scenes, the creation of a co-brand credit card is a lengthy, cumbersome process that requires collaboration with massive slow-moving partners. Our goal is to change that. We work with the banks, payment processors, and payment rails to accelerate card launches and empower brands to focus on delivering rewards truly valuable to their superfan cardholders.
In the 18 months since our founding, we have gathered an all-star team as well as assembled all of the partnerships needed to launch, built a scalable system with a working credit card, and secured strong funding. We are a team as much as an organization and value individuality, diversity, and collaboration as much as talent. We've built the foundations of a truly groundbreaking financial product and we're ready for our next chapter as we have officially launched! The Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA) credit card is live and the Cardless era of credit cards has begun.
We're confident about what we've built so far, but we know it can be better. Which brings us to your role...
Cardless is seeking a Growth and Engagement Manager to collaborate closely with internal teams to drive consumer acquisition and cardholder activation and engagement as well as for our external brand partners and overall product development. The Growth and Engagement Manager will be responsible for optimizing top of funnel marketing channels, external brand partner growth strategy and providing actionable insights and recommendations for improved performance.
You will create growth marketing opportunities by owning and managing top of funnel growth by handling all aspects of A/B testing for marketing campaigns for brand partners and also overall product changes, and provide analysis and insights for optimization.
- Create and execute short and long-term growth strategy for external brand partners
- Identify and develop growth opportunities across a wide range and variety of marketing channels
- Own and manage all aspects of A/B testing from ideation, design and testing, analysis through recommendations
- Collaborating with internal teams and external stakeholders to implement recommended marketing strategies and plans
- Work closely with engineering, product and other stakeholders on the overall product strategy and detailed roadmap for feature development and updates
- 5+ years of related performance/growth marketing experience, ideally in a consumer-facing, fintech company
- Excellent experimentation experience and mindset with a proven record of success in executing A/B tests, optimizing marketing campaigns and translating data into insights
- Strong technical skills (SQL or Python)
- Demonstrated success driving business growth
- Deep understanding of digital and performance marketing tactics
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Cardless was founded in February 2019 by Michael Spelfogel and Scott Kazmierowicz (ex-Stanford CS / Data Science, ex-Lyft, ex-Visa, ex-Goldman) and is backed by top VCs including Accomplice, Greycroft, Clocktower Ventures, as well as founders of Plaid, Plastiq, SeatGeek, Flatiron Health, and FiveStars. We believe the future of financial services is cardless. Our name reflects the advanced technologies we work with everyday to make managing and moving money safer, easier, and more rewarding for everyone.