Business Development Manager
San Francisco, California /
Who we are:
Cardless is a credit card company. If you've ever signed up for a rewards card, be it for hotel points or airline miles, you know what we do. If you've ever wondered why more of your favorite brands don't offer similar rewards cards, you know why we do it. Behind the scenes, the creation of a co-brand credit card is a lengthy, cumbersome process that requires collaboration with massive slow-moving partners. Our goal is to change that. We work with the banks, payment processors, and payment rails to accelerate card launches and empower brands to focus on delivering rewards truly valuable to their superfan cardholders.
In the 18 months since our founding, we have gathered an all-star team as well as assembled all of the partnerships needed to launch, built a scalable system with a working credit card, and secured strong funding. We are a team as much as an organization and value individuality, diversity, and collaboration as much as talent. We've built the foundations of a truly groundbreaking financial product and we're ready for our next chapter as we have officially launched! The Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA) credit card is live and the Cardless era of credit cards has begun.
We're confident about what we've built so far, but we know it can be better. Which brings us to your role...
Cardless is hiring a Business Development Manager to identify prospective brand partners and opportunities to grow our business in a multitude of industries. You will develop and manage the close relationships with external brand partner stakeholders, handle all partner program related questions and oversee partner contract negotiations and execution. You will be responsible for strategizing and aligning priorities to determine targeted verticals and executing against those plans.
- Identify, develop and grow business initiatives and partner relationships across a variety of industries
- Strategize, collaborate with and align internal/external stakeholders on industry-specific verticals to target
- Serve as primary point of contact for potential brand partner stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and teams to create and execute business development strategies and priorities
- Minimum 5+ years experience in business development and partner relations in a high-growth environment, with a proven track record of success in B2B verticals
- Excellent understanding of both basic and complex partnership deals and experience structuring and negotiating partnership agreements and contracts
- Ability to influence and be a persuasive problem-solver (ie: you can talk yourself into a sold-out restaurant)
- Excellent understanding of credit card programs, offerings, rewards and optimization
- Outstanding written and verbal communications and presentation and interpersonal skills
Cardless was founded in February 2019 by Michael Spelfogel and Scott Kazmierowicz (ex-Stanford CS / Data Science, ex-Lyft, ex-Visa, ex-Goldman) and is backed by top VCs including Accomplice, Greycroft, Clocktower Ventures, as well as founders of Plaid, Plastiq, SeatGeek, Flatiron Health, and FiveStars. We believe the future of financial services is cardless. Our name reflects the advanced technologies we work with everyday to make managing and moving money safer, easier, and more rewarding for everyone.