Operations Lead, Customer Success
San Francisco, California /
Who we are:
Cardless is a credit card company. If you've ever signed up for a rewards card, be it for hotel points or airline miles, you know what we do. If you've ever wondered why more of your favorite brands don't offer similar rewards cards, you know why we do it. Behind the scenes, the creation of a co-brand credit card is a lengthy, cumbersome process that requires collaboration with massive slow-moving partners. Our goal is to change that. We work with the banks, payment processors, and payment rails to accelerate card launches and empower brands to focus on delivering rewards truly valuable to their superfan cardholders.
In the 18 months since our founding, we have gathered an all-star team as well as assembled all of the partnerships needed to launch, built a scalable system with a working credit card, and secured strong funding. We are a team as much as an organization and value individuality, diversity, and collaboration as much as talent. We've built the foundations of a truly groundbreaking financial product and we're ready for our next chapter as we have officially launched! The Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA) credit card is live and the Cardless era of credit cards has begun.
We're confident about what we've built so far, but we know it can be better. Which brings us to your role...
Cardless’ Core payments team is responsible for delivering an unparalleled customer experience. As the Operations Lead, Customer Success, you will shape the Customer Success culture of Cardless, with your impact expanding beyond traditional customer experience responsibilities. You will manage company-wide escalations and will be working closely with business partners such as Engineering, Product, Compliance, Risk, and Operations on escalation quality and SLAs. The day-to-day of customer success work can be intense - so a positive attitude and deep passion for providing a great experience to all stakeholders are highly qualifying traits. We’re a lean team, so no task should be too big or too small for you.
- As the Operations Lead - Customer Success you’ll be managing all agent escalations into Cardless and ensuring company-wide escalations are resolved per our SLA. You’ll be the connective tissue between our third-party agents and our wider organization.
- You’ll collect data-driven metrics on what’s causing our customers to need support, and advocate for the construction of customer service tools and product modifications to make our customers’ experience more wholesome.
- You’ll assist in identifying quality improvement opportunities with our agents and help to ensure they receive proper training, resources, and notifications on internal happenings.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in the customer success field, of which at least one driving insights from escalations
- Have experience maintaining a Zendesk instance or similar tooling (please mention this in your application!)
- Have exemplary written and verbal communication skills coupled with unparalleled follow-up skills -- both outbound (to customers) and with internal stakeholders
- Be the voice of the customer internally and champion of Cardless externally
- Ability to remain calm in high-stress situations, and be comfortable working with ambiguity to deliver unambiguously phenomenal outcomes
- You’re excited about working for a high-growth, high-velocity early-stage Fintech
Total pluses, if you got it:
- Past experience training agents (In-house or third-party)
- Helping organizations make internal tooling/product decisions based on customer insights
- Experience as a Product Specialist or similar is a big plus!
- Supporting customers of financial / fintech brands - and in particular, credit card companies - is, as you can imagine, a massive plus
Cardless was founded in February 2019 by Michael Spelfogel and Scott Kazmierowicz (ex-Stanford CS / Data Science, ex-Lyft, ex-Visa, ex-Goldman) and is backed by top VCs including Accomplice, Greycroft, Clocktower Ventures, as well as founders of Plaid, Plastiq, SeatGeek, Flatiron Health, and FiveStars. We believe the future of financial services is cardless. Our name reflects the advanced technologies we work with everyday to make managing and moving money safer, easier, and more rewarding for everyone.