Partnership Success Manager
San Francisco, California /
Business Operations /
Who we are:
Cardless is a credit card company. If you've ever signed up for a rewards card, be it for hotel points or airline miles, you know what we do. If you've ever wondered why more of your favorite brands don't offer similar rewards cards, you know why we do it. Behind the scenes, the creation of a co-brand credit card is a lengthy, cumbersome process that requires collaboration with massive slow-moving partners. Our goal is to change that. We work with the banks, payment processors, and payment rails to accelerate card launches and empower brands to focus on delivering rewards truly valuable to their superfan cardholders.
In the 18 months since our founding, we have gathered an all-star team as well as assembled all of the partnerships needed to launch, built a scalable system with a working credit card, and secured strong funding. We are a team as much as an organization and value individuality, diversity, and collaboration as much as talent. With our first public launch on the horizon, we have built the foundations for a truly groundbreaking financial product.
We're confident about what we've built so far, but we know it can be better. Which brings us to your role...
We’re looking for an experienced partnerships-focused professional to join as a Partnership Success Manager to report into our co-founder/President. You will collaborate closely with our co-founders to help develop and strengthen our business roadmap by identifying, vetting and closing potential brand partners. Your job will be to own and manage the partnership stakeholder relationship from introduction to onboarding to our platform. This includes but is not limited to business and financial modeling, contract negotiation and management and overall business development and strategy.
- Own and manage partnership stakeholder relationships from introduction to onboarding;
- Review and negotiate partnership terms and agreements;
- Serve as company POC for all partner related questions and issues;
- Facilitate signing of term sheets and conditions for brand partnerships and assist in all aspects of partnership onboarding;
- Help launch successful partnerships with small, medium and large brands.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a partnership-focused, business-to-business role for a customer-facing product in a highly regulated industry, fintech strongly preferred;
- Proven track record of partnership development and close rate;
- Significant experience with financial/pricing modeling;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation and sales skills;
- Understanding of credit card space and fintech more generally.
Cardless was founded in February 2019 by Michael Spelfogel and Scott Kazmierowicz (ex-Stanford CS / Data Science, ex-Lyft, ex-Visa, ex-Goldman) and is backed by top VCs including Accomplice, Greycroft, Clocktower Ventures, as well as founders of Plaid, Plastiq, SeatGeek, Flatiron Health, and FiveStars. We believe the future of financial services is cardless. Our name reflects the advanced technologies we work with everyday to make managing and moving money safer, easier, and more rewarding for everyone.