Head of People
People – People /
Full-Time - Remote - USA /
Career Karma is seeking a highly experienced and strategic leader to join our team as the Head of People. In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for driving our talent acquisition, people operations, and people development strategies to support the company's growth and mission. As a key member of our leadership team, you will play a critical role in shaping our workplace culture, fostering employee engagement, and ensuring that our people are aligned with our business objectives.
- Collaborate with and coach leadership on business goals and develop HR strategies that support organizational success.
- Develop and implement people strategies, programs, and initiatives, including recruiting, employee retention, performance management, and employee relations.
- Foster a strong culture through policies and programs that promote our values and mission.
- Drive operational excellence and efficiency in People processes to enable the organization to hire and develop talent at scale and consistently in our high-performance culture.
- Implement learning and development programs.
- Help our product offering and go-to-market strategies as the People representative to help further align our mission and positioning in new HR solutions to be launched.
- Create job leveling frameworks and salary bands for performance and compensation reviews.
- Partner with Legal to oversee people compliance and risk management to comply with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Partner with Finance on payroll and compensation planning.
- Provide insights and analytics to measure the effectiveness of HR programs and initiatives, personnel utilization across all functions of the organization, enabling data-driven recommendations for improvements.
- Implement and maintain HR policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure legal compliance and a fair and equitable workplace.
- Manage and develop our current People team (one People Operations Lead, one Payroll/Benefits Coordinator).
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in HR leadership roles, with a proven track record of developing and executing HR and talent strategies.
- Prior experience in helping build and scale remote and fully distributed teams.
- Strong understanding of HR best practices, labor laws, and industry trends in the U.S. and internationally.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive cultural change and foster a positive work environment.
- Experience in building and leading high-performing teams of both employees and contractors.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Able to work on a full-time basis in a fully remote environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, or a related field, is preferred, but not required.
- Strong track record of successfully managing early-stage hiring and people practices.
- Creative; you look at things from a unique perspective and don’t just stick to the status quo.
- Relationship-builder, self-starter, and natural leader who can work across teams and individuals of all experience levels.
- Deep understanding of industry trends and best practices across the People stack.
- Strong knowledge of organization scaling, compensation philosophy, culture building.
- Ability to collaborate well with others across the organization and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to balance being both a player and a coach (knowing when to delegate vs. rolling up your sleeves).
$170,000 - $230,000 a year
The pay range for this role is $170,000 to $230,000.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor. We utilize Carta's Total Compensation tool for compensation benchmarks."The total compensation package for this position may also include annual performance bonuses, stock options, benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans