Quantitative Analytics Manager, Financial Crimes
Compliance – Fraud & risk /
We’re looking for a Quantitative Analytics Manager, Financial Crimes to lead and manage the continuous improvement, independent review, effective challenge, tuning and validation of all Risk & Compliance decision-making models, with an emphasis on Financial Crime related models. This is a hands-on role which will work closely with leaders in the Risk & Compliance, Product, and Engineering teams as well as other departments across the entire company and across multiple time zones.
Your future work will include
- managing and monitoring all Risk & Compliance decision making models including Fraud and AML transaction monitoring rules, customer risk rating models, partner risk rating models, and fraud machine learning models and rules;
- establishing baseline metrics for strategies and track actual performance to expectations by analysing large datasets;
- collaborating with Product and Engineering teams to develop and enhance continuous feedback loops to promote ongoing improvement of Risk & Compliance controls performance without compromising customer experience;
- developing and maintaining appropriate documentation for all model changes;
- implementing and actively managing an ongoing model validation and tuning framework for continuous identification and monitoring of emerging model risks/issues;
- engaging cross-functionally across the entire organisation to coordinate and ensure a strategic approach to model validation;
- analysing chargeback and fraud data to determine their root cause and identify process improvements;
- helping improve manual review accuracy and efficiency.
- minimum 3-4 years of experience in quantitative analytics or model validation working with data in Risk, Fraud, AML or Financial Crimes;
- demonstrated proficiency with SQL, R and/or Python;
- solid knowledge of Card Not Present (CNP) environment and Fraud Risk Controls;
- problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution;
- ability to work effectively with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders;
- knowledge of model risk management and associated regulatory requirements (such as NYDFS Part 504 and JMLSG sectoral guidance);
- strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with technical and non-technical staff;
- strong project management skills and attention to detail;
- fluency in English; any additional language abilities are a plus (we operate globally!);
- genuine enthusiasm and curiosity about fintech and crypto.
- 💰 competitive compensation package;
- 📈 stock options in a rapidly growing company;
- 🏝 paid time off when you need it;
- 🏊♀️ private health care package and other perks;
- 💻 newest Mac or laptop with Windows or Linux, and any other tools you may need;
- 🥇 being part of one of the hottest crypto startups;
- 👩🎓 self-development and conference budget to help you grow.
Ramp is an equal opportunity employer. What this means in practice is that your race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age won’t affect our recruitment decisions. We’ll focus solely on your skills, experience, the potential for growth and attitude.
Do you fear you won’t fit in? 90%+ of Ramp’s team agreed with the following statement: While I occasionally felt like a misfit in other workplaces/firms, I feel a sense of belonging here at Ramp.
We are Ramp
Blockchain is changing the world.A future decentralized version of the Internet promises a fairer, quicker and more secure experience, in which users own and control their own data.
Today, we’re inches away from the paradigm shift and Ramp is among a small number of companies that are defining the infrastructure of tomorrow’s economy. The bottom-up revolution is already well underway and will soon hit the mainstream. We need people like you to join a best-in-class team and help the company move forward as a pioneer.
Our operating framework is built on passion and hunger. We want our staff to feel propelled, challenged and motivated. We’re a supportive yet highly driven team.
And we’re constantly looking for people who can think differently, challenge the status quo and encourage others to be at their best. If you feel this is somewhere you would thrive and you can make an impact, we want to hear from you.
Psst. If you're not the one, but someone you know might just be the perfect fit? Let them know!