Senior Data Analyst, Risk & Fraud area
Engineering – Data /
As a new Data Team in Ramp, we are starting with data integration, sustainable Descriptive analytics and A/B testing. But we are rapidly moving towards Predictive and Prescriptive analytics. You will be working closely with the Product, Design, and Engineering Teams to make high-impact, data-informed decisions regarding future product development. You will be working on one of the Product Areas such as End-User, Partners, Business Operations (e.g. Anti Money Laundering (e.g. KYC, KYT, Name Screening); Fraud prevention rulesets; Treasury) and on Ramp’s business KPIs.
Your future work will include:
- working with transactional data (crypto transactions); KYC and AML data; event-based analytics with GA4 data; data from customer support, customer feedback apps and many more to come. And not only with data - you will cooperate with smiling and friendly people all over the world, clearly seeing your impact every day (especially on days when data tests return errors!).
- developing modular data infrastructure - dbt (data biuld tool) is in the heart of our daily work, together with BigQuery, Looker, DataStudio (migrating to Looker) and Hex (exploratory analytics).
- conducting data analysis, generating actionable insights and making recommendations for improving, developing and launching products,
- having ownership of a descriptive analytics platform focused to handle internal reporting, investors/support/financial/legal/regulatory requests,
- developing and automating reporting of key performance indicators of various Ramp’s products and services at scale, solving for business priorities,
- partnering with product managers to design experiments to test hypotheses and help with idea generation and refinement,
- working with data engineers to evangelize data best practices,
- understanding key challenges facing our business and partnering with key stakeholders to find creative ways to apply data analytics to solve them,
- communicating findings and actionable insights to relevant stakeholders,
- contributing to the best practices in data quality & security.
- Tech stack: Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery, dbt (Data Biuld Tool), Tableau, Data Studio, Github
What we are looking for in candidates:
- at least 5 years of experience in an analytical position,
- experience in working with credit and fraud scoring companies,
- knowledge of building, evaluating, and improving fraud scoring rules,
- understanding of how an anti-fraud strategy is built and executed,
- ability to produce data-based insights to drive product development, proficiency in running complex SQL queries,
- excellent communication skills, including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights,
- being friendly and professional; excited by the possibilities of working on the intersection of FinTech and blockchain (no blockchain experience required),
- 💰 salary depending on the seniority level between 19 000 - 30 000 PLN monthly net on an invoice - or equivalent on an employment contract
- 👩🎓 the yearly self-development and conference budget of USD 500 to help you grow,
- 📈 stock options in a rapidly growing company,
- 🪙 zero-fee crypto purchases via Ramp,
- 🏝 26+ fully paid days off (or more if you need it)
- 🏠 comfy workspace located in Warsaw, Wroclaw and London; work from home is also an option,
- 🏊♀️ private health care package and Multisport Plus card for you and your partner - fully on us,
- 💻 newest Mac or laptop with Windows or Linux, and any other tools you may need,
- 🥇 being part of one of the hottest crypto startups,
- 🗣️ English lessons,
- 🔝 making decisions having an impact and a super high level of ownership.
Our recruitment process
- Discovery phone interview with a recruiter (30 minutes).
- Technical and Lifestyle interview with our Lead Analyst (60 minutes)
- Optional interview with our Interim Head of Data (60 minutes)
Ramp is an equal opportunity employer. What this means in practice is that your race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age won’t affect our recruitment decisions. We’ll focus solely on your skills, experience, the potential for growth and attitude.
Do you fear you won’t fit in? 90%+ of Ramp’s team agreed with the following statement: While I occasionally felt like a misfit in other workplaces/firms, I feel a sense of belonging here at Ramp.
We are Ramp
Blockchain is changing the world.A future decentralized version of the Internet promises a fairer, quicker and more secure experience, in which users own and control their own data.
Today, we’re inches away from the paradigm shift and Ramp is among a small number of companies that are defining the infrastructure of tomorrow’s economy. The bottom-up revolution is already well underway and will soon hit the mainstream. We need people like you to join a best-in-class team and help the company move forward as a pioneer.
Our operating framework is built on passion and hunger. We want our staff to feel propelled, challenged and motivated. We’re a supportive yet highly driven team.
And we’re constantly looking for people who can think differently, challenge the status quo and encourage others to be at their best. If you feel this is somewhere you would thrive and you can make an impact, we want to hear from you.
Psst. If you're not the one, but someone you know might just be the perfect fit? Let them know!