Senior Data Engineer
Engineering – Data /
We are looking forward to meeting Data Engineer/DataOps/Data Architect to cooperate on data migration and integration.
As a new Data Team in Ramp, we are starting with data integration, sustainable Descriptive analytics and A/B testing. But we are rapidly moving towards Predictive and Prescriptive analytics. You will be working closely with the Product Team to make high-impact, data-informed decisions regarding future product development.
Your future work will include
- in general, technical supporting of data strategy implementation, in particular:
- having ownership of (analytical) data architecture focused on descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics
- utilizing of best practices in Data Warehouse to reduce complexity and costs, using dbt (Data Build Tool; dagster, Great Expectations - nice to have); Python; Airbyte, Airflow or alternatives; GitHub; ClickUp
- ingesting data ingestions into the cloud data warehouse (BigQuery)
- supporting of integration of different data sources (Google Analytics; transactional data; SFTP; public datasets using APIs, webhooks) into BigQuery
- optimizing performance
- data security management
- monitoring and improving data quality, e.g. implementing testing with dbt, Great Expectations
Tech stack: Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery, dbt (Data Biuld Tool), Terraform, Hex.app (exploratory analysis), Looker, Github
What we are looking for in candidates
- being friendly and professional; excited by the possibilities of working on the intersection of FinTech and blockchain (no blockchain experience required)
- readiness to work (!) in a rapidly scaling up startup. It is not about work for the sake of work - we are directly contributing to the success of our product. We are growing very fast and want to keep users as happy as possible.
- at least +2 years of experience as Data Engineer/DataOps/Data Architect
- blockchain or fintech-related experience is a plus
- experience in migrating data into the cloud data warehouse (e.g GCP - BigQuery, AWS, other, also in using dbt; Python; Google Analytics; Airbyte, Airflow or alternatives; GitHub; ClickUp is a plus
- experience in integration of different data sources (Google Analytics; transactional data; SFTP; public datasets using APIs, webhooks) into BigQuery is a plus
Our recruitment process
- Discovery interview with a Recruiter (30-45 minutes).
- Technical interview with our Data Engineering Lead (60 minutes).
- Lifestyle interview with our Interim Head of Data (60 minutes)
- 💰 19000-30000 PLN B2B monthly net for a senior position on an invoice - or equivalent on employment contract
- 👩🎓 the yearly self-development and conference budget of USD 500 to help you grow,
- 📈 stock options in a rapidly growing company,
- 🪙 zero-fee crypto purchases via Ramp,
- 🏝 26+ fully paid days off (or more if you need it)
- 🏠 comfy workspace located in Warsaw, Wroclaw and London; work from home is also an option,
- 🏊♀️ private health care package and Multisport Plus card for you and your partner - fully on us,
- 💻 newest Mac or laptop with Windows or Linux, and any other tools you may need,
- 🥇 being part of one of the hottest crypto startups,
- 🗣️ English lessons,
- 🔝 making decisions having an impact and a super high level of ownership.
- Ramp is an equal opportunity employer. What this means in practice is that your race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age won’t affect our recruitment decisions. We’ll focus solely on your skills, experience, potential for growth and attitude.
Ramp is an equal opportunity employer. What this means in practice is that your race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age won’t affect our recruitment decisions. We’ll focus solely on your skills, experience, the potential for growth and attitude.
Do you fear you won’t fit in? 90%+ of Ramp’s team agreed with the following statement: While I occasionally felt like a misfit in other workplaces/firms, I feel a sense of belonging here at Ramp.
We are Ramp
Blockchain is changing the world.A future decentralized version of the Internet promises a fairer, quicker and more secure experience, in which users own and control their own data.
Today, we’re inches away from the paradigm shift and Ramp is among a small number of companies that are defining the infrastructure of tomorrow’s economy. The bottom-up revolution is already well underway and will soon hit the mainstream. We need people like you to join a best-in-class team and help the company move forward as a pioneer.
Our operating framework is built on passion and hunger. We want our staff to feel propelled, challenged and motivated. We’re a supportive yet highly driven team.
And we’re constantly looking for people who can think differently, challenge the status quo and encourage others to be at their best. If you feel this is somewhere you would thrive and you can make an impact, we want to hear from you.
Psst. If you're not the one, but someone you know might just be the perfect fit? Let them know!