Senior Backend Engineer (Node.js/NestJS/TypeScript)
Engineering – Backend Engineers /
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to develop Ramp's core settlement engine with the rest of the engineering team. If you are keen to work in a product company and interested in new technologies then we want to hear from you. You will have an impact on what and how we do it.
This is a full-time, hybrid model (min. 2 days per week from office) role.
TypeScript, nestJS (Node.js framework), PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ.
Your future work will include
- maintaining and extending core services,
- connecting our payment rails to different blockchains,
- integrating payment gateways & Open Banking APIs with open ledgers,
- building internal tools and architecture.
What we are looking for in candidates
- 4+ years of experience in building sophisticated backend systems,
- readiness to work in a rapidly scaling up startup,
- experience in either fintech (payment services) or blockchain (exchanges or dApps) is not a must but definitely a bonus point
- Here’s the rest of our tech stack:
- Frontend: TypeScript, react, jest.js, CSS (SCSS + CSS Modules), MobX.
- DevOps: Google Cloud Engine, Docker, CircleCI and others.
- Blockchain: Solidity, web3.js, ethers.js.
- Our recruitment process
- 1. Discovery interview - 30 min (optional)
- 2. Lifestyle interview - 60 min
- 3. Home-based task
- 4. Technical interview - 60 min
- 💰 22 500 - 28 000 PLN monthly net on an invoice on a B2B contract (or equivalent on an employment contract),
- 👩🎓 the yearly self-development and conference budget of USD 500 to help you grow,
- 📈 stock options in a rapidly growing company,
- 🪙 zero-fee crypto purchases via Ramp,
- 🏝 26+ fully paid days off (or more if you need it),
- 🏠 comfy workspace located in Warsaw and Wrocław,
- 🏊♀️ private health care package and Multisport Plus card for you and your partner - fully on us,
- 💻 newest Mac or laptop with Windows or Linux, and any other tools you may need,
- 🥇 being part of one of the hottest crypto startups,
- 🗣️ English lessons,
- 🔝 making decisions having an impact and a super high level of ownership.
Ramp is an equal opportunity employer. What this means in practice is that your race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age won’t affect our recruitment decisions. We’ll focus solely on your skills, experience, the potential for growth and attitude.
Do you fear you won’t fit in? 90%+ of Ramp’s team agreed with the following statement: While I occasionally felt like a misfit in other workplaces/firms, I feel a sense of belonging here at Ramp.
We are Ramp
Blockchain is changing the world.A future decentralized version of the Internet promises a fairer, quicker and more secure experience, in which users own and control their own data.
Today, we’re inches away from the paradigm shift and Ramp is among a small number of companies that are defining the infrastructure of tomorrow’s economy. The bottom-up revolution is already well underway and will soon hit the mainstream. We need people like you to join a best-in-class team and help the company move forward as a pioneer.
Our operating framework is built on passion and hunger. We want our staff to feel propelled, challenged and motivated. We’re a supportive yet highly driven team.
And we’re constantly looking for people who can think differently, challenge the status quo and encourage others to be at their best. If you feel this is somewhere you would thrive and you can make an impact, we want to hear from you.
Psst. If you're not the one, but someone you know might just be the perfect fit? Let them know!