Senior Frontend Engineer (Platform team) Typescript
Engineering – Frontend Engineers /
We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer for our Platform team to take Ramp's frontend architecture and tech culture to the next level with the rest of the engineering team.
You will take technical ownership of our applications and shape and define the direction of Ramp’s technology according to the best industry standards. You will take an active role in powering our technological growth, scaling teams and researching how to build better products.
Our Platform team is specialized in technical architecture, tooling and enabling even greater velocity of our product development teams. We solve technical challenges faced by developers who create our flagship on-ramp & off-ramp product and internal applications. This means that we don't work directly for our customers, but for other members of other teams.
This is a full-time, hybrid model (min. 2 days per week from office) role.
TypeScript, React, Jest, Vite, @testing-library/react, SCSS + CSS Modules, Storybook, MobX
Why is this role an excellent opportunity for you?
- you will have an enormous impact on our architecture, scaling, team, and good practices we use,
- results of your work will be fundamental to Ramp's success,
- thanks to your knowledge and experience you will be able to unlock our team's full potential, be a mentor, and share knowledge,
- you will be able to constantly improve our software, processes, and the way we work,
- on top of the above, we are going to fully support your own growth so you won’t stop learning.
Your future work will include
- improving our technical excellence - being a guide and a leader of the technical transformations that we see ahead of us,
- setting technical direction - taking ownership of defining which direction we are going to aim with our technology,
- exploring - feeling adventurous? At Ramp, you will be able to explore cutting-edge technologies to provide the best solutions for our growing systems,
- scaling - being part of scaling our systems but also our tech teams,
What we are looking for in candidates
- 4+ years of experience in building sophisticated, performant, and scalable web applications,
- being passionate about what you do,
- readiness to work in a rapidly scaling up startup,
- experience with building embeddable widgets, implementing payment providers and working with iframes is a big plus,
- good communication skills and a sense of ownership needed to lead cross-team initiatives
- experience with tooling, CI and monorepos is a big plus,
- outcome over output approach,
- experience with performance is nice to have.
- Backend: TypeScript, nestJS (Node.js framework), PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ
- DevOps: Google Cloud Engine, Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub Actions and others.
- Blockchain: Solidity, web3.js, ethers.js and many others
- Discovery interview - 30 min
- Lifestyle interview - 60 min
- Home-based task
- Technical interview - 60 min
Here’s the rest of our tech stack
Our recruitment process
- 💰 21 000 - 31 000 PLN monthly net on an invoice on a B2B contract,
- 👩🎓 the yearly self-development and conference budget of USD 500 to help you grow,
- 📈 stock options in a rapidly growing company,
- 🪙 zero-fee crypto purchases via Ramp,
- 🏝 26+ fully paid days off (or more if you need it),
- 🏠 comfy workspace located in Warsaw and Wrocław (hybrid or office-based)
- 🏊♀️ private health care package and Multisport Plus card for you and your partner - fully on us,
- 💻 newest Mac or laptop with Windows or Linux, and any other tools you may need,
- 🥇 being part of one of the hottest crypto startups,
- 🗣️ English lessons,
- 🔝 making decisions having an impact and a super high level of ownership.
Ramp is an equal opportunity employer. What this means in practice is that your race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age won’t affect our recruitment decisions. We’ll focus solely on your skills, experience, the potential for growth and attitude.
Do you fear you won’t fit in? 90%+ of Ramp’s team agreed with the following statement: While I occasionally felt like a misfit in other workplaces/firms, I feel a sense of belonging here at Ramp.
We are Ramp
Blockchain is changing the world.A future decentralized version of the Internet promises a fairer, quicker and more secure experience, in which users own and control their own data.
Today, we’re inches away from the paradigm shift and Ramp is among a small number of companies that are defining the infrastructure of tomorrow’s economy. The bottom-up revolution is already well underway and will soon hit the mainstream. We need people like you to join a best-in-class team and help the company move forward as a pioneer.
Our operating framework is built on passion and hunger. We want our staff to feel propelled, challenged and motivated. We’re a supportive yet highly driven team.
And we’re constantly looking for people who can think differently, challenge the status quo and encourage others to be at their best. If you feel this is somewhere you would thrive and you can make an impact, we want to hear from you.
Psst. If you're not the one, but someone you know might just be the perfect fit? Let them know!