Senior Data Engineer
Mountain View, CA
At CareSkore we're transforming how providers help patients across the continuum of care. Through predictive analytics and patient engagement, providers can now measure and manage their patients' clinical and financial risks. Ultimately, our mission is to enable providers to focus on what matters most, the patient. CareSkore is backed by leading investors including Y-Combinator, Storm Ventures, and Cota Capital.
About the Position: The Data Engineer participates in all aspects of the design, development, and deployment of the CareSkore’s predictive data analytics solution. Our product is a cloud based data analytics for healthcare systems. The Data Engineer will participate in analyzing data, architecture and developing DB structures, visualizations, and interacting with web and clinical teams to empower meaningful improvements in healthcare. You’re self-motivated, well-organized, and have an unwavering commitment to writing efficient, maintainable, and reusable code. You are passionate about technology and innovation and always have the customer’s best interest in mind.
- Develop database backend for CareSkore’s application
- Passion for understanding Healthcare data, and for building tools that extract and convey actionable insights from data
- Collaborate with Data Science team to specify requirements on data modeling tools.
- Responsible for quality of available data and maintenance of ground truth.
- Design and construct ETL, visualizations etc. that meet product requirements.
- Creative, embraces constraints, solution-oriented, and tenacious.
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining software.
- Experience in Structured Query Language (SQL), database design and architecture.
- Experience with open source and cloud based databases and technologies (MySQL, SQL Server, NumPy).
- Experience with distributed processing and no-SQL technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, MongoDB.
- Working knowledge of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) applications.
- Experience in implementing workflows and pipeline to create complex data processing workloads that are fault tolerant, repeatable, and highly available using AWS.
- Experience working in AWS and Azure and cloud infrastructure.
- Interact and communicate with all levels of employees and clients.
- Familiar with Agile Scrum methodology.
- Self-motivated; comfortable working independently under general direction.
- Experience with HL7 is a plus.
- Minimum Bachelor in Computer Science or related field is required.
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Commuter Subsidies
- Fitness Discounts
- Apple or any other equipment that helps your productivity
This role is based in Mountain View, California.