National Product Manager (ROAD) Bucharest
Product Management – Road /
Are you a Road Freight Manager but feel like you may have reached the ceiling with your current employer? Or perhaps you are craving a new challenge with a rapidly growing global info-logistics provider? Whatever your circumstances cargo-partner could be your answer!
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced Road Product Manager to join our Romanian Operations team.
The National Product Manager (NPM) will be responsible for the strategic set-up, implementation and short to mid-term commercial development for the Road Product, within the Romania region. This includes ROAD P+L responsibility, which is overlapping with Line Management responsibilities. Key focus areas of the NPM is the product development, procurement and business controlling.
The NPM is the driving force and crucial for translation and execution of Global & Regional strategies, targets and plans in Romania.
Here at cargo-partner we are always looking for ways that we can do better and be better, and our Bucharest office is just one example of this. This strategic position will allow us to offer local support to our existing customers who are active in the country whilst enabling us to better serve our customers in Romania and Eastern Europe.
As we continue to grow our global network there simply couldn’t be a better time to join the cargo-partner family.
National Product Manager (Road) responsibilities:
- Implement new products for ROAD transport, in according to instructions of CPM.
- Actively support X-sales and KAS
- Ensure know-how transfer of ROAD services to Sales
- Develop and service competitive sales rate sheets for the main
- And niche ROAD markets.
- Work actively with other departments to live the cp integrated services (for ROAD international transport and final mile distribution)
- Execute corporate sales campaign together with local sales and marketing
- Build up close cooperation with system partners and cp branches
- Implement uniform processes
- Adhere to mandatory routings in the group
- Ensure 100% SPOT
- Monitor and manage ROAD development according to the following KPIs: Jfiles/FTE, ROP/Jfile, Total Cost/ Jobfile, Net return
- Local responsibility for PROCUREMENT
- Meeting with core/ preferred truckers minimum 2 times per year
- Extend minimum 70% of business to main truckers
- Connect with main truckers and distribution providers via EDI
- Annually review of Local Charges together with CPM
- Product Management
- Ensure all sales materials (Rate Sheets, Product sheets , Presentations are available for sales)
- Actively take part in national and multi-national road tenders together wit h KAS and ROAD Tender Management HQ.
- Support sales with retention activities to your TOP accounts.
- Ensuring up-to-date product knowledge among operational heads in cooperation with TQM
- Coordinate annual budget and target setting process with support of the MD and Sales
- connect main clients via EDI to cp for efficient work flow and productivity
- Loss making units including action plans
- Mandatory routings
- Monthly results including bad debt management
- Compliance according to ROAD handbook and its directives and procedures
- 100% SPOT for ROAD
- % external/ internal business to increase profitability
- At least 7 years in ROAD Freight experience in terms of:
- Development of USP´s and product definition
- Implementation and product launch within sales and operational organization
- Trucker negotiations and personal contacts
- Key account sales and development
- Computer basic knowledge: MS Office
- Know how in operational systems (Alfresco, Jasper, SPOT)
- ADR trained
- English language (business fluent)
- Established trucker and partner network
- Superior economic geographical skills
- Knowledge of operational processes
- Close connection to the market (Sales, Purchase, Partners)
- Valid driving license for passenger car
As we endeavor to keep expanding our business in to new regions we ultimately expect our staff to grow with us and share our success. If you want to join us on our journey then please submit your application below; or if you'd like to discuss the role in a little more detail please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
cargo-partner is a privately owned full-range info-logistics provider offering a comprehensive portfolio of air, sea, land transport and warehousing services, with special expertise in information technology and supply chain optimization. The company operates over 160 offices in over 40 countries around the world to create fast and efficient solutions for a wide range of industries. With the SPOT platform, cargo-partner ensures easy cooperation and full transparency throughout the supply chain.
As a family-owned business, we are very employee-oriented and want to work with you to develop your career and personal goals. Take a look at our Mission & Vision.
Find out more about cargo-partner from our Youtube channel
Learn about Life at cargo-partner here
If you are looking for a challenging position in an innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you!