Team Leader Application Development - JAVA (m/f)
Vienna City /
IT – IT Application Development /
We are looking for an Engineering Team Lead with experience managing software developers, getting projects delivered on time and to specification, by using the best technologies and practices. Responsibilities will include delivering a resilient architecture, managing, monitoring and designing our cloud-friendly application infrastructure and building a team of first-class professionals by guiding and leading.
If you like to move things forward you should be part of our team.
What you can expect:
The Application Development Team Leader takes care about IT software development and project priorities in line with business requirements. The role requires close collaboration with the developers to maintain the development infrastructure components (GitLab, SonarCube, Artifactory, etc).
· Participate in the development of plans, roadmaps and software programs of work, and plan, execute, and manage the delivery of these plans
· Align IT software project portfolio with the company and its IT strategy
· Implement and maintain application configuration for Spring, JavaEE and ReactJS or Angular technology stack (Spring Boot, Tomcat, Payara, Wildfly, JbossEAP)
· Operate a Kubernetes based Openshift Container Platform and it’s components including databases, web-servers, messaging services and build pipelines
· Define, automate and maintain the software build and delivery process together with the developers, using CI/CD processes and build/deploy pipelines
· Promote innovation within the team with regards to technologies and frameworks used
· Work with product owners and stakeholders as required
What skills and experience you need to bring to the team:
We need you to be a real self-starter, driven to succeed and confident taking the ownership and responsibility; experienced with leading, coaching and mentoring others to develop their skills and knowledge.
· Strong background in software development, the Java Technology stack, scripting (Ansible, Bash,Python) and basic database administration
· 5+ years of professional experience in developing and operating software either in cloud environments or on-premise
· Experience leading developers to deliver consumer facing applications, working with cross-functional teams and multiple stakeholders
· Experience with Kubernetes is a must, Openshift knowledge is an advantage
· Good knowledge of CI/CD concepts and tooling (Jenkins, GIT, Archiva, Upsource, Jira)
· Good understanding of operating systems, networking and infrastructure
· Excellent planning, analysis, problem solving, and organisational skills
· Good command of English is a must, German is a plus.
Ready to get things moving? Join our team!
follow us with a hashtags: #cargopartner #workingdigital
Career plan and professional growth opportunities? We guarantee an individual path of professional development. We give development opportunities in various IT projects.
Implementation of own initiatives? Our success is based on team spirit. This is why our colleagues accept responsibility, are always part of the solution, and act as true partners to customers and colleagues alike.
Stability of employment? Dynamic work in a stable international company with a leading position in the air and sea freight market. We focus on long-term cooperation. After the project is over, we talk, listen and provide further challenges.
Benefits? We provide technical and personal trainings, eLearning, co-financing of language courses and more.
Wage (gross): 3500 EUR/month *By legal requirement we are providing the information about the basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised position. Based on your experience/profile, the final financial conditions will be the subject to discuss and negotiate at the personal interview, however, not less than above mentioned minimum salary component.
cargo-partner is a privately owned full-range info-logistics provider offering a comprehensive portfolio of air, sea, land transport and warehousing services, with special expertise in information technology and supply chain optimization. The company operates over 130 offices in 40 countries around the world to create fast and efficient solutions for a wide range of industries. With the SPOT platform, cargo-partner ensures easy cooperation and full transparency throughout the supply chain.
As a family-owned business, we are very employee-oriented and want to work with you to develop your career and personal goals. Take a look at our Mission & Vision.
If you are looking for a challenging position in an innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you!
Apply now! It will only take a minute, we promise!