Human Resources – Human Resources /
Our teams are very proud of our highly supportive and friendly culture, which has undoubtedly been a key factor in our phenomenal growth and progress:
Having doubled our turnover to over Euro 2 billion, we now have over 40 offices in 140 countries and 4,000 employees and have further ambitious plans in the pipeline.
We have just had our most profitable year ever and our expansion plans are in full flow.
Global new offices and we have recently opened up new offices in Barcelona and just added another office in the USA in Chicago.
Are you looking to join a leading, fast paced, global logistics business which has its people at the forefront of its success? At cargo-partner we are proud of our strong values and “we take it personally” is applied throughout our business, entrenched and founded in Austria.
We are now embarking on a digital transformation, not only in our business but also in Human Resources as we have recently implemented Workday in 2022, having recently implemented Sage as a Payroll tool in Austria. Due to business growth and organizational development we’re looking to recruit a new HR Director for our Austria operations. Our Austrian business which consists of over 350 employees in 7 locations is a leading position which will be based in Fischamend, Austria with frequent travel and will provide you with a varied range of activities with a high degree of personal responsibility and autonomy as well as international development and career possibilities in addition to professional further development. We have an excellent team-orientated and multi-cultural working environment with flexible working hours already in place as well as offering a competitive performance orientated annual salary package.
If you have strong business partner experience with top management, developing a lean organization structure and personally driving or implementing performance management then this could be the right role for you. You will be the person in charge for retention and staff turnover whilst ensuring the legal compliance of all HR topics.
You will have to be very active in recruiting whilst attracting and developing the best talent into our industry, as we are growing our headcount 15% year on year. You will have great established teams already in place in Austria with on-site talent acquisition specialists, in-house team for Payroll Administration and Business Partners, therefore we are looking for an inspirational leader, one that will focus on people development.
Experience of working in a global, complex, matrix organisation would be an advantage to help understand the operating model and stakeholder management. Being an experienced HR Leader, you will enjoy mentoring and coaching your own HR team as well as being a sounding board to your leadership team across your cluster of countries.
cargo-partnerGmbH offers a values driven and collaborative culture where people are encouraged to do their best work.
Your role responsibilities
- Strategic and business partner to the top management (regional director and other regional/country management, supporting the business fields in relevant HR matters)
- Functional leadership over the HR in Austria
- Ensuring interaction between the HR Manager's of the region and transfer of know-how, best practices etc.
- Creating synergies within the sites of the region
- Supporting internal mobility and development of talents within the region
- Steering the recruitment & selecting process for senior positions within the region staying close to and knowing the market, arranging background checks where possible counseling managers on candidates selection)
- Maintaining work structure by updating job requirements and ensuring and controlling the correct FTE allocation
- Having an overview on country level management performance; recommending changes and promotions; conducting and analysing exit interviews
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Defining HR strategy for the region and co-shaping the strategy on country level, monitoring and appraisal of employees work results (immediate and long-term staff requirements)
- Supporting managers to coach and discipline employees
- HR development, career path projections, training, learning + development (L+D); providing guidance on development for managers and their teams, knowing the employees well
What you’ll need to succeed
- 5+ years of progressive people management experience working within a matrix environment, managing mid-sized HR teams and managers
- Managing a variety of Employee Relations issues
- Experience supporting cross functional teams and managing multiple stakeholders
- Building/driving/implementing Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- You will thrive on being a strong collaborator who can work across global, cultural and geographically dispersed teams
- You must be able to balance competing priorities and conflicting opinions, and facilitate the best decisions for employees and the business in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change
- You possess a robust analytical and strategic skill set; you make decisions based on data both qualitative and quantitative
- You are deadline-driven, organized and able to multitask
- Fluency in the German and English language is a prerequisite for this role
What can cargo-partner offer you?
- A very attractive salary and bonus package and company car
- Excellent national and international career and development prospects
- A future-proof job in a company with innovative strength and economic stability. Plus we have a key focus on the environment and green initiatives with our owner investing in green technology within the aviation industry to reduce its carbon footprint
- A company with a supportive, team focused and open culture with family values
- A highly motivated team with great international and national colleagues
- A true family work environment
- Generous bonus scheme
We look forward to discussing this role, our business and culture in more detail, please contact Ali Gill in the first instance for a confidential discussion email@example.com
For further information on cargo-partner please visit our website at:
40 years of cargo-partner, 40 years of excellence:
cargo-partner is a privately owned full-range info-logistics provider offering a comprehensive portfolio of air, sea, land transport and warehousing services, with special expertise in information technology and supply chain optimization. The company operates over 140 offices in over 40 countries around the world to create fast and efficient solutions for a wide range of industries. With the SPOT platform, cargo-partner ensures easy cooperation and full transparency throughout the supply chain.
As a family-owned business, we are very employee-oriented and want to work with you to develop your career and personal goals. Take a look at our Mission & Vision.
Find out more about cargo-partner from our Youtube channel
Learn about Life at cargo-partner here
If you are looking for a challenging position in an innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you!