Digital Business Manager - Global rate management
Fischamend HQ /
Management Functions – Digital Office /
Under the guidance of the Corporate Director Operations and Processes (Overseas), the Corporate Director Operations and Processes (Overland) as well as the Chief Digital Officer, will be responsible for leading and coordinating the development and implementation of a global rate management system, standard, process and governance model, allowing cargo-partner to harmonize and standardize the global rate management landscape, improve global rate management productivity, quality and timeliness as well as enable instant, automated and data based quotation management features to our customers.
The Digital Business Manager – Global Rate Management will closely collaborate with relevant IT Teams and various other stakeholders (in particular products and BPOs) to understand, analyze and evaluate current state of rate, pricing and quotation management environment and ultimately coordinate the recommendation and implementation of a global rate management concept considering strategic customer and cargo-partner demand.
Digital Business Manager – Global Rate Management will drive market research to understand developments in the market and coordinate the Rate Management capability development with internal IT and potentially external vendors.
- Analyze, evaluate, suggest, implement and govern a globally meaningful rate, pricing and quotation management eco-system / framework for cargo-partner based on relevant parameters like current and future customer segments (demand, behavior etc.), internal operational (product) demand , productivity and data intelligence considerations, as well as industry trends
- Oversee, direct and lead the global rate management and rate standardization program by developing and introducing a scalable and iterative implementation approach for a global rate management and booking environment to ultimately enable an automated rate management process across the entire cargo-partner customer and operator journey, incl. instant / automated quote & book capability in the DFF customer portal
- Oversee, direct and lead the development and implementation of a globally standardized rate management and governance process across all relevant products (air, ocean, road and rail), tradelanes and service levels.
- Drive the evaluation of a required business logic/intelligence layer enhancing the capabilities (shortcomings) of relevant application landscape Wisetech eco-system, aiming at a fully automated, instant and dynamic rate, pricing and quotation management incl. application of behavioral and environmental intelligence in cargo-partners digital customer portal (Digital Freight Forwarder)
- Oversee and coordinate the evaluation of relevant Rate Management solutions and their capability to offer/support global instant rate, pricing and quotation management
- Ensure alignment with relevant stakeholders to integrate rate/price /quote information in relevant 3rd party systems like Salesforce
- Ensure consideration of „innovative technologies“ (AI, Machine Learning, etc.) or alternative business models in automating quoting capabilities based on decided market and customer approach (e.g. for particular customer segments, business types, service levels or rate types)
- Oversee, direct and lead required transformation activities and timelines related to introduction of new rate management processes, systems and governance
- Identify and communicate risks/issues proactively to Global Steering Board and respective lead problem solving initiatives
What we expect
- Master degree in business informatics, industrial engineering and / or process engineering or alternatively vocational training with relevant additional management training
- 5-8 year of experience in freight rate, pricing and/or quotation management and standardization (business and / or application related)5-8 year of experience in program/project and process management type of role. Expertise in BI/ML/AI in relation to Data, Analytics, proactive data driven decision management etc.
- Experience with analyzing and implementing business transformation projects
- Exposure to agile/lean methodologies and ways of working is a plus
Ready to get things moving?
follow us with a hashtags: #cargopartner #workingdigital
Career plan and professional growth opportunities? We guarantee an individual path of professional development. We give development opportunities in various IT projects.
Implementation of own initiatives? Our success is based on team spirit. This is why our colleagues accept responsibility, are always part of the solution, and act as true partners to customers and colleagues alike.
Stability of employment? Dynamic work in a stable international company with a leading position in the air and sea freight market. We focus on long-term cooperation. After the project is over, we talk, listen and provide further challenges.
Benefits? We provide technical and personal trainings, eLearning, co-financing of language courses and more.
Wage (gross): 6500EUR/month *By legal requirement we are providing the information about the basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised position. Based on your experience/profile, the final financial conditions will be the subject to discuss and negotiate at the personal interview, however, not less than above mentioned minimum salary component.