National Product Manager, Sea Cargo (Vietnam)
Ho Chi Minh City /
Product Management – Sea /
Extended commercial education or special education in Sea freight forwarding.
At least 10 years in Seafreight in terms of
- Development of USP´s and product definition
- Implementation and product launch within sales and operational organization
- Carrier negotiations and personal contacts
- Key account sales and development
Descriptions of Key Responsibilities/ Tasks:
Cargo-partner's operational departments are set up under the leadership of two management structures of overlapping P+L (PROFIT + LOSS) responsibility.
1) The LINE MANAGEMENT, the "line of BOSSES and GENERALISTS", mainly in charge of HR, finance and accounting, rental and investments, sales and marketing, coordination of competences, legal representationand compliance to internal and external regulations, training andquality.
In their OVERALL personnel and results (net return and quantity growth) responsibility they ensure THAT things are happening in the right and long term successful way.
2) The PRODUCT MANAGEMENT, the functional line of "SPECIALISTS ANDEXPERTS",
The spearheads of our commercial development, product definition and technical know-how within their fields and in combination of their fields with other fields (eg. sea + warehousing + distribution + P/O-management).
Through Route Management, Trade Lane Management, KAS, Vertical Heads and Marketing, the product management is building bridges to our and our partners' business and sales organizations.
In their special field of responsibility they ensure WHICH Market Segment, VERTICAL MARKETS (centrally managed, where we add special functions and competences to big markets) and SMALL NICHE MARKETS (decentral competence center) shall be handled "HOW".
The product managers of all our countries (NPMs) form a network which carries the day-to-day business within the legal and corporate rules, directives and regulations set forth by the company.
The NPMs (National Product Managers) report functionally to the CPM and disciplinary to the Line Manager.
Product Development: (50% of time)
- Support X-sales and lead KAS (key account sales) within the Product Management to drive business development and to obtain valuable input about the demand of large customers for our product development.
Create, define, launch and control performance and profitable and future orientated product solutions supporting our goal of PROFITABLE GROWTH by involving customers, carriers, agents and partners based on our main differentiator: “BE THE INDUSTRY LEADING INFORMATION PROVIDER”.
- Develop our VERTICAL MARKETS: FOODSTUFF, REEFER + TEMPERATURE CONTROLLED, FASHION + LIFESTYLE,PHARMA
and coordinate the know-how in the countries organization of the SMALL NICHE MARKETS.
- Put a focus on core trade development to ensure sustainable business cooperation with dedicated TLMs.
- Organize lean product launches within cargo-partner and externally via the support of Corporate Marketing.
- Define clear HUB operational setups, routings and pricing.
- Ensure business intelligence is performed and shared with Line Management and Sales worldwide.
- Lead the innovation process in terms of information solutions and customer feedback out of business review meetings.
- Main KPIs are: JF/FTE, TEU (FCL) + CBM (LCL), Costs/JF,NET
RETURN. Success ratio of our quotations.
Procurement/ Pricing: (20% of time)
- Local responsibility for PROCUREMENT
- Meeting with core/ preferred carriers min. 2 times peryear
- Ensure 80% of our business is booked with core/ preferredcarriers
- Ensure 80% of our business is booked via e-booking
- Annually review of Local Charges together with CPM and GND/TLM
- Enforce DIRECT PROCUREMENT (cut out themiddleman)
Product Management: (20% of time)
- Ensure all sales are provided with the right product targets and a competitive pricing to avoid the risk of a TOTAL COSTTRAP
- Pre-filter and coordinate global tender inquiries in alignment with our KAS targets and final coordination with HQ.
- Ensure retention activities with our TOP accounts.
- Coordinate biggest business opportunities and overview of the most complex businesses like project business such as : NAK agreements project business with CPM
- Ensuring up-to-date product knowledge among Operational heads in cooperation with TQM
- Ensure product know-how is relayed to all staff
- Coordinate annual budget and target setting process with support of the MD and Sales
Control (10% of time)
- Quarterly: black routings, Core and Preferred Carrier assessments
- Monthly: Loss Making and low performing Branches, “quote log” down to quotation level
Build strong interfaces with:
- Sales Heads, Branch Management, MD, National controlling, RM & TLM, Vertical Market Leader, overseas NPMs
Quarterly written report about situation in respective area of responsibility to be handed over to CPM two working days after Bordero Closing. Incl. the self assessment sheet.
- Computer basic knowledge MS Office
- Know how in operational systems (Alfresco, Jasper, SPOT)
- English language (business fluent)
- Established shipping company network (close contacts to carriers)
- Superior economic geographical skills
- Knowledge of operational processes
- Close connection to the Business market (Sales, Purchase, Partners)
- Valid driving license for passenger car.
Proven record of own business development with multinationals Convincing presentation and communication skills in native tongue + English language
Leadership and negotiation skills Talents of
- dominance (“better thanothers”)
- stimulance (“passion forexcellence”)
- balance (“we take it personally”)
Motivating / Self-Motivating Willingness and ability to travel Sales and Purchasing ability
Ability to give new/fresh impetus
cargo-partner is a privately owned full-range info-logistics provider offering a comprehensive portfolio of air, sea, land transport and warehousing services, with special expertise in information technology and supply chain optimization. The company operates over 130 offices in 40 countries around the world to create fast and efficient solutions for a wide range of industries. With the SPOT platform, cargo-partner ensures easy cooperation and full transparency throughout the supply chain.
As a family-owned business, we are very employee-oriented and want to work with you to develop your career and personal goals. Take a look at our Mission & Vision.
If you are looking for a challenging position in an innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you!
Apply now! It will only take a minute, we promise!