Finance – Accounting
Under limited supervision, performs responsible professional accounting work of technical and complex nature. Communicates intra-departmentally to maintain operational and financial accounting transactions; and performs duties as required.
Nature and Scope of Job
- Sort, deposit and post incoming customer payments
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status
- Take actions to encourage timely debt payments
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Generate and maintain AR aging to ensure compliance
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries
- Communicate internally and coordinate collections efforts
- Develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally
- Cross train and perform accounting related duties
- Collections & Credit Risk Assessments
- Assist in month end close procedures
- Year End audit & 1099 support
- Special projects and other duties as requested
- Attention to Detail
- Action Oriented
- Integrity and Trust
- Strong Sense of Urgency
- Customer Focus
- Team Player
- Root-Cause Analysis and Problem Resolution
- Problem Solving and Time Management
Education and Experience Requirements
- 1-3 or more years of experience in a business environment
- College Degree B.S. (Accounting) preferred
- Freight Forwarding/trade experience a plus
- SAP & AS400 experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel) and business application software.
Must have well-developed interpersonal and human behavior skills to communicate effectively the importance of timely and accurate transaction processing, to gain the cooperation of the many diverse departments and to coordinate efforts to accomplish the goal of providing timely and accurate information. The accounting clerk is involved in highly sensitive matters; errors in judgment could adversely affect the financial integrity and the reputation of cargo-partner.
cargo-partner is a privately owned full-range info-logistics provider offering a comprehensive portfolio of air, sea, land transport and warehousing services, with special expertise in information technology and supply chain optimization. The company operates over 130 offices in 40 countries around the world to create fast and efficient solutions for a wide range of industries. With the SPOT platform, cargo-partner ensures easy cooperation and full transparency throughout the supply chain.
As a family-owned business, we are very employee-oriented and want to work with you to develop your career and personal goals. Take a look at our Mission & Vision.
If you are looking for a challenging position in an innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you!
Apply now! It will only take a minute, we promise!