Head of Airfreight
Product Management – Air /
Are you a senior Air Freight leader but feel like you may have reached the ceiling with your current employer? Or perhaps you are craving a new challenge with a rapidly growing ‘Top 25 Global Air Freight Forwarder’? Whatever your circumstances cargo-partner could be your answer!
For nearly 20 years, we have served our clients across Taiwan with our Air, Ocean, Road, and more recently Warehousing product portfolio and as we look to continue our growth, we are recruiting a National Product Manager Airfreight (Head of Airfreight) to join our well-established and successful Taiwan operation in Taipei City.
Our Airfreight product is of fundamental importance to our Taiwan operation and as such we require a highly skilled and experienced air product leader. This position will also carry some general management responsibilities of our Taipei branch with a view to becoming our country General Manager.
The National Product Manager (NPM) will be responsible for Taiwan Air Product strategy focusing on mid-long term commercial development, consolidation strategy, procurement and tradelane development. This includes AIR P+L responsibility, which is overlapping with Line Management responsibilities.
As we continue to grow our global network there simply couldn’t be a better time to join the cargo-partner family.
National Product Manager (Air) responsibilities:
· Responsible for the achievement of product targets for own country, defined by the RPM (in regards to Tradelane, Consolidation Strategy and priorities of the Product development).
· Responsible for the implementation of and compliance to the rules of routing & handling procedures within own country.
· Implements new product solutions within own country where applicable.
· Implements and executes specific Industry Vertical (IV) solutions.
· Responsible for the set-up and execution of the product standard operating model within own country.
· Supports the Regional Operations Management department in the continuous improvement of the operational processes and systems related to product in charge.
· Ensure up-to-date product knowledge amongst the Air operational teams within own country; personally delivers trainings when and where necessary.
· Is responsible for achieving the country’s targeted product budget with its relevant budgeted KPIs, whereas the responsibility for the KPI P&L is shared with line management. Supports the annual budgeting process for own product within own country.
· Shares product know-how and business intelligence as a subject matter expert (SME) with country’s operational staff, sales and Line Management.
· Represents the company as SME with customers as needed.
· Performs own selling activities as part of management sales, targeting strategic opportunities
· Supports actively the Sales department in the selling process to new customers
· Involves him/herself in the solution design for potential national accounts
· Supports cross-selling initiatives with other products, and performs the same activities for other products to Air customers
· Oversees personally the implementation of strategic national accounts.
· Ensures product know-how is relayed to the local sales organization. Organizes periodical know-how (training) updates in close cooperation with the local DBD and TQM.
Procurement & Pricing
· National responsibility for procurement based on the corporate procurement standards (core carrier policy, space negotiations, volume commitments, volume rebates and other related topics)
· Ensures the buying rates are at fair market value (national benchmark).
· Makes local procurement decisions in compliance with the corporate procurement instructions.
· Implements and ensures adherence to local group tariffs.
· Implements and ensures adherence to profit share agreements within the organization.
· Responsible for selling rates door-to-door (dtd) and providing tender management with timely and market conform rates dtd.
· Overlapping P&L responsibility for following KPI’s: Revenue, ROP, ROP-Margin, direct product related costs (Operations) and product structural costs
· Monitors within own region the procurement and pricing related KPIs defined by the CPM and ensures their fulfillment
· Responsible for monitoring and fulfillment of following measures of product’s development within own country: Volume-, Tradelane-; IV-developments, target client profiles as well as tender- and quotation-success rate
· Monitors the product profitability within own country and ensures corrective actions are implemented where needed
· Monitors “black routings” and takes action - together with line management - to reduce them
· Monitors the process & legal compliance of the respective product operations within own country
· Actively oversees & monitors the risk management related to own product within own country
· Supports the Legal Department in solving problem cases which impose a financial or legal threat to the company
· Participates in periodical National Board Meetings, presenting reports on product’s results and outlook within own country
· At least 10 years in AIR Freight experience in terms of:
o Development of USP´s and product definition
o Implementation and product launch within sales and operational organization
o Air Carrier negotiations and personal contacts
o Key account sales and development
· Computer basic knowledge: MS Office
· Know how in operational systems (Alfresco, Jasper, SPOT)
· ADR trained
· English language (business fluent)
· Established partner network
· Superior economic geographical skills
· Knowledge of operational processes
· Close connection to the market (Sales, Purchase, Partners)
· Valid driving license for passenger car
If you want to join us on our journey then please submit your application below; or if you'd like to discuss the role in a little more detail please contact me: email@example.com
cargo-partner is a privately owned full-range info-logistics provider offering a comprehensive portfolio of air, sea, land transport and warehousing services, with special expertise in information technology and supply chain optimization. The company operates over 160 offices in over 40 countries around the world to create fast and efficient solutions for a wide range of industries. With the SPOT platform, cargo-partner ensures easy cooperation and full transparency throughout the supply chain.
As a family-owned business, we are very employee-oriented and want to work with you to develop your career and personal goals. Take a look at our Mission & Vision.
Find out more about cargo-partner from our Youtube channel
Learn about Life at cargo-partner here
If you are looking for a challenging position in an innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you!