Business Development Manager, Logistics
Business Development / Sales – Business Development / Sales /
cargo-partner is a leading multinational freight forwarder and integrated logistics provider with particular strength in intercontinental transport solutions. Based in Austria, cargo-partner is present in over 30 countries with more than 3000 employees and continues to grow and expand across the world.
Our employees are highly motivated professionals from many different nations with diverse cultural backgrounds who share a common passion for their work, excellent communication skills and a strong entrepreneurial approach.
We offer an interesting career kick-start for talented people without experience as well as a rewarding opportunity for accomplished logistics and business professionals. We believe in establishing long-term relationships and investing in the continuous development of our employees.
Job Title: Business Development Manager, Logistics
Location: Chicagoland Area
Report to: Head of Sales and Branch Manager
Description of Key Responsibilities/ Tasks
- Develop and manage strategies to grow market share with partners in our 3PL segment, according to the required business goals.
- Assess competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends, identifying sales opportunities.
- Qualifies leads from digital campaigns, conferences, references and trade shows, etc.
- Building strong credulous customer relationships while understanding their needs and building/designing supply chain solutions with a strong focus on IT applications, warehousing and e-commerce.
- To ensure continuous optimization and improvement of flows and processes of existing business with the customer.
- Serve as the primary interdepartmental interface for resolution of customer and operational issues
- Sales oriented with a hunter mentality
- Strong in your understanding of warehouse processes
- A cross product and industry thinker
- Strong negotiator
- Willing to travel domestically
- Self-confident and highly motivated
- A person with proven business development track record in 3PL and domestic distribution
cargo-partner is a privately owned full-range info-logistics provider offering a comprehensive portfolio of air, sea, land transport and warehousing services, with special expertise in information technology and supply chain optimization. The company operates over 130 offices in 40 countries around the world to create fast and efficient solutions for a wide range of industries. With the SPOT platform, cargo-partner ensures easy cooperation and full transparency throughout the supply chain.
As a family-owned business, we are very employee-oriented and want to work with you to develop your career and personal goals. Take a look at our Mission & Vision.
If you are looking for a challenging position in an innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you!
Apply now! It will only take a minute, we promise!