Procurement Manager – Intra Asia
Business Development / Sales – Business Development / Sales /
The Procurement Manager acts as a revenue manager along trade lanes on a door/door basis, steering volumes by managing our yield and carrier commitments, and to provide access to ocean freight capacity of carriers in line with demand and at least possible cost to enable Cargo Partner Logistics to profitably grow the business.
- To plan and manage demand & supply per Intra Asia trade including South East Asia the Indian Subcontinent trade.
- To ensure targeted growth is achieved by coordinating the sales and procurement elements in a focused manner on strategically important trade lanes.
- To negotiate and contracts carriers in line with product and carrier strategy and ensure effective supplier relationship and regular performance management of carriers.
- Track Country procurement execution against plan with respect to volumes and carriers and initiate and track corrective actions as required.
- Provide input to Corporate Trade Procurement on pricing analysis and support resolution of country concerns (e.g. better pricing / selection of core carriers, co-loaders and strategic vendors).
- Create and maintain buying rate visibility.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
- 3-5 years' experience in Intra Asia Procurement.
- High proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Demonstrated experience in Ocean Freight Industry, Procurement and Capacity Management.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and communications skills.
- Evaluation and negotiation process, especially concerning service contracts and incentive programs.
cargo-partner is a privately owned full-range info-logistics provider offering a comprehensive portfolio of air, sea, land transport and warehousing services, with special expertise in information technology and supply chain optimization. The company operates over 140 offices in over 40 countries around the world to create fast and efficient solutions for a wide range of industries. With the SPOT platform, cargo-partner ensures easy cooperation and full transparency throughout the supply chain.
As a family-owned business, we are very employee-oriented and want to work with you to develop your career and personal goals. Take a look at our Mission & Vision.
If you are looking for a challenging position in an innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you!
Apply now! It will only take a minute, we promise!