Road Freight Manager, Greater China
Product Management – Road
Region/Branch: Greater China
Base Location: Hong Kong /Shanghai
Position Title/Code: Road Freight Manager, Greater China
Department: Business Development
Report to: Head of LCL Asia Pacific
- To co-ordinate with internal and external clients and overseas offices in order to meet their requirements in terms of Road Transportation Requisitions and Performance.
- To co-ordinate with sub-contractors in order to ensure that the internal and external clients’ requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensures effective communications with internal and external clients, co-workers, supervisors, other work functions and other departments.
- Report any issues found during the operations to their Manager/BM/MD and recommendation in timely basis to Manager to find out the best solutions to minimize the risks.
- Ensure operation of cross border service to follow Standard Operation Procedure and work instruction to meet customers' requirements.
- Create appropriate SOP in order to ensure all CBT shipments will be well arranged from origin to destination.
- Recommend and implement preventive plan and corrective action on any problem or customers' complaint.
- Coordinate and negotiate with sub-contractors to minimize expense and increase profitability.
- Coordinate with overseas office/agent to driving sale of CBT service, develop appropriate SOP and any requirements to secure new business especially Intra-Asia.
- Develop and maintain regular service or problem review with customers to enhance current and future business.
- Work with sale team to provide and promote necessary details, costing and SOP to enable sale team to offer competitive rate and service to increase volume of current and new business.
- Work out a sales strategy of CBT Product and take the lead in following up the created sales strategy with Sales teams.
- Record and analyze CBT volume, income and profit in order to generate proposal to increase volume and profit with cost management.
- Record and conduct cross border operation review meeting with operation team to develop and improve service level to meet or exceed customers' demand.
- Lead and develop new potential routes in CBT service to expand business in cross border trucking markets.
- Performs special projects and all other assignments, especially associated with the further growth of cross border products and markets.
- Conduct meeting for operation review with sub-contractors to follow standard operating procedure to increase service level
- Support and fulfill operation team when required.
Minimum Education /Qualifications/Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Logistics & Supply Chain preferably.
- 8-10 years working experience in Cross Border service function.
- Freight Forwarding
- Computer basic knowledge, MS Office
- Understand the special processes, customs regulations and requirements of logistics in Cross Border industry.
- Knowledge in contract logistics and supply chain solutions
- English language
- Mandarin language
cargo-partner is a leading multinational freight forwarder and integrated logistics provider. Based in Austria, we are present in over 30 countries with more than 3000 employees and continue to grow and expand across the world.
By 2025, we aim to have grown to a 2 billion € turnover and a global top 20 air & ocean logistics service provider. Our vision by this point to be providing end-to-end supply chain solutions, customs clearance, contract logistics, distribution and information services which create fantastic opportunities to apply diverse skill sets.
As a family owned business we are person oriented and want to work with you to develop your career and personal goals.
View our mission and vision here: https://www.cargo-partner.com/company/profile/
If you are looking for a challenging position in an innovative and dynamic international company, we want to get to know you!
Apply now! It will only take a minute, we promise!